[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB RB at 10th position in 10 person league

warner0313

I have done a ton of mock drafts in which I switch my starting two picks (WR WR, WR RB, or RB). I have found a lot of success taking s. greene and d.will for my first two picks. I then take 3 WRs and a TE or QB for my next four picks. I end up with three pretty solid WRs (any variation of Boldin, D. Jackson, Bowe, Sims Walker, Ward, Nicks) and a decent QB or TE. I know I am stretching a little bit on value in the first two rounds but I hate letting other teams end up with a top 6 back in their first pick and a dwill or sgreene as their second back. Let me know what you think of this strategy. Here is the scoring for my league.

Start

1 QB

3 WR

2 RB

1 TE

1 K

1 Def

25 yds passing = 1pt Bonus of 2pts at 300

TD passing = 5 pts

10 yds rushing/receiving = 1 pt Bonus of 2pts at 100

TD rushing/receiving = 6 pts

I definitely like the strategy, and it is one I use often. However, you shouldn't ever be too tied to a gameplan, that you neglect who is the best value there... Even though I don't typically go QB in the first 3 rounds, there becomes a point (about the mid-second for Rodgers and Brees), when I feel that a player is a steal as the clearcut best available overall and at their position, and will alter my strategy...

But if you are intent on waiting on a QB or TE (which should both be plenty deep enough to load up on WRs and RBs), then I'd go with a more loose strategy of some combination of 2 RBs and 2 WRs in the first four rounds. This doesn't mean you shouldn't go with DWill and Greene if you think they're the best values there, but if you think that you can get a comparable back later in the first 4, and there's a more sure-thing WR, you can always alter that plan to grab the best values on the board.

It is definitely not a bad strategy. You could do way worse by reaching on a QB too early.

I agrre that you need to judge this decision based on what actually happens 1 thru 9 not what you've seen in mocks. Regardless I would plan this year to take a WR at one of those picks. WR thins out fast and if you wait till the top 29 players are gone you won't get much. I don't think I'd be as happy as you are about the outcome of those mocks based on who you get at WR. I know you don't want a good RB to fall to someone who picked a top rb, but you also don't want them to go WR in the 2nd with a stud and then a quick pick rb in the 3rd thats still mid 2nd tier or high third tier.

Just noticed you start 3 wr and 2 rb....you must take a wr at that point in the draft order and may actually want to think WR/WR. Then go 2rb and 1 wr in rounds 3-5. Check that in a mock and see how they compare.