[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wanting to improve my fantasy team

ParLawGod

Well, the draft for our league was Saturday...we all got together and drafted, then played some Madden 11. Doesn't get much better than that! I was #6 in the draft...I was hoping for a little higher of a number so I could draft Aaron Rodgers, but oh well :wacko:

10 team league

My team:

QB: Drew Brees

RB: Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore

WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Marques Colston

TE: Tony Gonzalez

DEF: Green Bay

K: Lawrence Tynes

Bench: Matt Ryan, Beanie Wells, LeSean McCoy, Steve Smith (NY), Donald Driver, Kellen Winslow, Philadelphia Defense

We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF, 1flex (WR or RB) - no PPR

I want to work a few trades to improve at tight end, as well as improve my receivers after Fitzgerald. I was wondering if anyone has any advice?

Thank you!

Edited by ParLawGod

Well, the draft for our league was Saturday...we all got together and drafted, then played some Madden 11. Doesn't get much better than that! I was #6 in the draft...I was hoping for a little higher of a number so I could draft Aaron Rodgers, but oh well :wacko:

My team:

Bench: Matt Ryan, Beanie Wells, LeSean McCoy, Steve Smith (NY), Donald Driver, Kellen Winslow, Philadelphia Defense

I want to work a few trades to improve at tight end, as well as improve my receivers after Fitzgerald. I was wondering if anyone has any advice?

Thank you!

I think Driver and Smith both have a lot of upside as does Wells. You could put some sort of package together with McCoy, Smith or Driver, and Gonzalez or Winslow and upgrade to a top 2 TE or another elite receiver. Depends on who has what in your league though and how they are willing to deal.

My top five picks:

Pick #6 - Brees

Pick #15 - Peterson

Pick #26 - Fitz

Pick #35 - Gore

Pick #45 - Colston

Everyone went CRAZY on quarterbacks in the first round (I even took one myself...and even Brett Favre went in the first two rounds)...not sure if some people were worried about being left without or quarterback or what. Peterson was on the board at #15 and I couldn't believe it (before him was all quarterbacks, a few receivers, and Chris Johnson...maybe MJD too). There were also about 3-4 people with the same draft chart that they printed off online...I wasn't able to see it, but maybe it had some wacky info on it? 2-3 people didn't even have draft charts of any kind (why, I have no clue) and probably did not know who was still available. Nothing bothers me more than someone taking two minutes to select someone, and keeps asking "is ______ taken???

Edited by ParLawGod

I rate your team 100000023243.3

This is the highest rating ever recorded here at the huddle. Only two things can garner this type of rating:

1. You are the best fantasy football player ever.

This is unlikely, since Henry Muto is the best fantasy football player ever.

2. You are in a one man league.

Unfortunately, I am not the best fantasy football player ever (that's why I come to this forum for advice and research - this forum rocks!), and I am not a one-person league. I got extremely lucky...that's all.

Edited by ParLawGod

Unfortunately, I am not the best fantasy football player ever (that's why I come to this forum for advice and research - this forum rocks!), and I am not a one-person league. I got extremely lucky...that's all.

The only way this is not a joke, is that you play in a league with a buch or girls, who pick the players with the nicest names. I like your team, but to be honest with you I would not even want to play in a league with the guys that you are with because clearly they have no clue what they are doing. I'd love it if you could add the rosters of the other 9 teams.

The only way this is not a joke, is that you play in a league with a buch or girls, who pick the players with the nicest names. I like your team, but to be honest with you I would not even want to play in a league with the guys that you are with because clearly they have no clue what they are doing. I'd love it if you could add the rosters of the other 9 teams.

or post the top 50 picks

Once the league owner inputs the info into Yahoo! I will upload a screen shot or two. This is just a league of friends (and some family), so no money or prizes are involved. Probably not the same kind of competition you would see with a money league.

I didn't realize that asking about ways to upgrade at tight end and lower wide receiver would open up a can of worms :wacko: If anyone has any advice on that (possible players/positions to offer that would not weaken my current starting roster) it would still be greatly appreciated.

Edited by ParLawGod

10 team league

My team:

Thank you!

It's not that we are trying to down your league or anything like that, you have to realize that the people on this site take FF very seriously, and when you see a roster such as yours, it makes us all wonder how and why this happens, because in a serious league, it would never happen......

to answer your question, it's hard to give advice on this because at this point I dont know what the others in your league are thinking and frankly there really is no room for improvement, the only thing you could improve on is TE. You could package up Gonzo with anybody on your bench for RB and WR and probly get Davis, Gates or Clark. Your Wr's are fine, say what you will about Fitz, but he is a purebread, in the sense that he could have his grandmother throwing to him and he'd still get his yards and TD's. You may be able to package Colston with someone to get AJ, but I don't see the point. If you don't win your league, hell has frozen over.

Once the league owner inputs the info into Yahoo! I will upload a screen shot or two. This is just a league of friends (and some family), so no money or prizes are involved. Probably not the same kind of competition you would see with a money league.

I didn't realize that asking about ways to upgrade at tight end and lower wide receiver would open up a can of worms :wacko: If anyone has any advice on that (possible players/positions to offer that would not weaken my current starting roster) it would still be greatly appreciated.

I don't think it's a can of worms. More like simple awe that a single team in a 10 team league could be assembled, through drafting alone, that includes what could be 5 top 25 players and the owner of said team is looking to improve his roster. What I would normally ask is "Is there someone you've got your eye on and what does that guy's roster look like?" What I will ask here instead is what do the other rosters in the league look like and does anyone else even have any kind of a realistic shot at beating you this season? Depending on the answer to that question you may want to ask yourself if you want to mess with a good thing.