[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper question

upbuck44

do you lose anything for a keeper (as in the pick/round you picked them last year, or something like that)??

or do you just get to keep them, and then draft as usual.

If I had to pick, I would go Greg Jennings...Aaron Rodgers is A BEAST and will be for awhile and same with Jennings, young and talented.

Jennings or Austin, a wash IMO either way you go

Im a packer fan so I was leaning jennings, only second year in fantasy so im a noob. As far as i understand we all keep 2 and draft normal.

I am just confused thought maybe manning would score more. heres the scoring break down

PASSING

Every 25 passing yards (PY25) 1

Every 10 pass completions (PC10) 1

Every 10 pass incompletions (IP10) -1

TD Pass (PTD) 6

40+ yard TD pass bonus (PTD40) 2

50+ yard TD pass bonus (PTD50) 3

Interceptions Thrown (INT) -2

2pt Passing Conversion (2PC) 1

300-399 yard passing game (P300) 5

400+ yard passing game (P400) 10

Sacked (SK) -1

RECEIVING

Every 20 receiving yards (REY20) 0.5

Every 10 receptions (REC10) 0.5

TD Reception (RETD) 6

40+ yard TD rec bonus (RETD40) 1

50+ yard TD rec bonus (RETD50) 2

2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE) 1

100-199 yard receiving game (REY100) 5

200+ yard receiving game (REY200) 10

I am just confused thought maybe manning would score more.

This is essentially irrelevant. Manning probably will score more than any of the other players you listed, he just won't be outscoring the other QBs by more than Jennings (or Austin, I presonally prefer Jennings) will likely outscore WRs.

In general with these sorts of questions a few details about your league helps folks contribute good advice...like number of teams, your draft spot if known, scoring system, and line up requirements.

Assuming this is a standard league you can eliminate Brandon Jacobs...in a RBBC and not looking particularly good.

Eliminate Eli...he's a mid range QB...5 other guys like him

That leaves you between Greg and Miles and I have Miles a few spots ahead of Jennings in PPR format

Best of Luck,

WashD

Edit - wrote this post and then walked away and forgot to hit reply, so some of my above advice has already been addressed.

Edited by WashingtonD

That leaves you between Greg and Miles and I have Miles a few spots ahead of Jennings in PPR format

Does your ranking change in a non-PPR format? I ask because my interpretation of the scoring system is that there is only 0.5 pts awarded for reaching 10 receptions, thus, it is essentially a non-factor.

BC - Good catch I misread that...it draws them near even in my projections....I might lean toward Jennings just ever so slightly.

In weird leagues where there is an OP position, you almost always want to plug a QB into that second position as QBs will be raking in the most points and that's what your smart opponents will do.

Now, does this necessarily change your keeper? I think it actually might...if the rest of your league is savvy, they are all going to keep their QBs as well...limiting the opportunities to pick up a first and second QB.

How many teams in the league?

Do you know your draft slot yet?

What QBs are currently not on rosters and not eligible for keepers?

Also - what sort of league manager just gets to change the roster requirements at his whim? Does he have two good QBs on his roster? I'd be wanting to talk about that a bit more before I just accepted it.

Edited by WashingtonD