[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Advice ... Trade Offer

theprofessor

In my local auction draft I have been offered a trade of Keepers, C. Benson for Brandon Marshall. Unique situation .... this is a 1 player keeper league where your keeper can only be kept for 1 year. 50% of the dollar value of the player goes with the keeper counting against the $300 salary cap during the draft. Cedrick Benson was bought off the waiver wire last year for $2.00, thus counting only $1.00 off the cap. I would go into the draft this year with Benson as one of my 4 RB and I would have $299.00 of cap space. Brandon Marshall was purchased for $22.00 thus counting only $11.00 this year. I would go into the draft with Brandon Marshall and $289.00.

Scoring is fairly standard with decimal scoring,

1.0 PPR for WR

0.5 PPR for RB

0.7 PTS for every 10 yards for WR

1.0 PTS for every 10 yards for RB

4 PTS per TD for WR

6 PTS per TD for RB

23 man rosters

We can draft 4 RB, start 2

We draft 5 WR, start 3

I believe both players have similar value in this league but I believe Marshall has more upside. I am leaning waaaay over the fence towards Marshall but wanted to hear the opinion of other before I pull the trigger, TIA

Edited by theprofessor

agreed, B Marshall is an elite talent, and in the past has defied odds including an inconsistent QB, but there are a lot of maybes and hopes with him, C Benson for the price and consistency seems to be a great buy

Edited by scooter1891

Guys, thanks for your time and sharing your thoughts. I was ready to pull the trigger and take Marshall but maybe I need to think this through a bit more? Over the last 3 years having a Top 5 WR has become more important in our league and the teams with the best WR crew has finished in the money each year. With the transition to RBBC the last few years the RB position in our league has become less important. Based on previous years player values in our auction I believe that Marshall will go for between $52-$58 while I think Benson will go for somewhere in the $41-$48 range. With the extra $10 that Marshall will cost me it looks like a "wash" but I want to have a solid WR line-up and Marshall fits nicely into 1 of the 3 starting positions. Any other opinions are welcomed and appreciated.