[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bathroom(s) Remodel

darin3

• 2 weeks later...

OK, everything's done in the guest bath minus getting some fancy-dancy shower curtain rod hooks, putting those up with the new curtain, and fixing some gaps in the hardwood flooring.

But, the master bath is still a frickin' mess. Tub is in, and Hardiebacking is up. Wife goes to take a bath tonight (probably shouldn't be without the tile up, but whatever) and the frickin' tub drain won't close. It's a trip lever thing. Anyone know how to adjust these? I've looked online and it looks... complicated.

If it was installed incorrectly or was a faulty product, would they have to rip out the drywall/tub to get to it? Holy crap, help?!?

Edited by darin3

You should have an access panel on the backside of whatever wall your tub drain is closest to. If you don't, you may need to create one. Especially since your tub is already installed. It's also nice for any time in the future you may need to be able to get to the p-trap for bad clogs or to retrieve anything valuable that falls down the drain.

There are a couple different types of tub drain/overflow combos out there, but most have a cable running from the plug to the flipper. Is that connected? Is it pinched?

If you can post a link to the exact model.....I might be able to help. Did you install it, darin?

You should have an access panel on the backside of whatever wall your tub drain is closest to. If you don't, you may need to create one. Especially since your tub is already installed. It's also nice for any time in the future you may need to be able to get to the p-trap for bad clogs or to retrieve anything valuable that falls down the drain.

There are a couple different types of tub drain/overflow combos out there, but most have a cable running from the plug to the flipper. Is that connected? Is it pinched?

If you can post a link to the exact model.....I might be able to help. Did you install it, darin?

The backside of that wall is... the other bathtub/shower enclosure. :wacko:

I can't tell if it's connected or pinched.

Unfortunately, I think the packaging got tossed out after it was installed. I didn't install it... the "plumber" who installed our tub did. I got it at Home Depot, but don't see it online.

I am going to call him tomorrow to see if he can come out to see what's wrong, but I imagine it will be like pulling teeth since it took so long to get him out here to finish the work he started early last week.