[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i need to buy a new printer

CaP'N GRuNGe

I know this topic has been discussed before, but anybody got any good recommendations on a solid printer for home use, preferably one that doesn't suck down the ink super fast? I'm thinking my budget is $200 - $300. Something to print out Huddle cheat sheets, etc. A built in scanner would be preferable as well. TIA

I have one of the HPs and I like it (for the most part). Except they limit their replacement cartridges to one year - i.e. you buy one in January, even if the cartridge still has ink, you will need to replace the cartridge the following January. It's a 4-in-1 - printer, fax, flatbed scanner, and something else I can't remember. I've had it for about 6+ years and other than having to buy replacement cartridges every year (to the tune of $60) I like mine.

If you're concerned about how much ink you use during printing, just change the settings to only use the black cartridge, and print in a grayscale. Mine also has a setting called "fastdraft" which uses less ink.

I hear Epson's are pretty good, especially regarding ink and cartridge replacement.

Edited by lennykravitz2004

I have one of the HPs and I like it (for the most part). Except they limit their replacement cartridges to one year - i.e. you buy one in January, even if the cartridge still has ink, you will need to replace the cartridge the following January.

What? Seriously? :wacko:

Brothers are the best, you did good. And you'll appreciate changing the toner every year or two.

Some of my friends own Brothers printers and swear by that brand.

I have used HP Photosmart printers and have never had problems.

Brothers are the best, you did good. And you'll appreciate changing the toner every year or two.

yep

Some of my friends own Brothers printers and swear by that brand.

I have used HP Photosmart printers and have never had problems.

and yep