[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What position to draft?

JoeFootball

I am in a 10 player league QB,3WR,2RB,TE,W/R,K,DEF points are as follows

Passing- 20 yards per point, TD=6pts, INT=-2

Rushing- 10 Yards per point, TD= 6pts

Receiving- 15 yards per point, TD=6pts, .5pts per reception

My question is the first 3 rounds should I try to go RB,WR,QB or RB, QB, WR? any advice on drafting in a league with this point setup would be great it is a little different.

I know this is going to sound like an unhelpful assy response, but you take the guys who you think are the best value, regardless of position... If it looks like RB is going thin, and you really like one, then go RB. If a WR looks like the best value, go WR, etc...

But with having 2RBs and 3WRs required, these are very important spots to fill. QB and TE are deep and the other positions are scarce enough that you can afford to wait there, unless a QB/TE presents really great value ,and you really like him to outscore the field... But with 2RBs and 3WRs required, you can't afford to wait to long to address those positions in particular.

Hope that helps. Be flexible to what's going on in your draft, try to fill important positions with good value before the big dropoffs, and you should be fine.

(ETA: your scoring is a tad different, but the greater YPP for RBs, PPR for receptions, and -2 INTs kind of balance it to where you still go where the value is, which is still guys who get alot of touches, yards, and scores.)

Edited by delusions of granduer

The scoring in your league appears to be pretty balanced across positions, but the lineup requirement means WR's will run out quickly, so I would probably want to have a RB and two WRs after three rounds. How you get to that point will vary, depending upon where you draft. Picks 1-6, I would take RB, then go WR/WR. Picks 7-10, I would either go AJohnson or RMoss, then RB/WR or WR/RB, depending upon who is available. Of course, if one of Brees/Rodgers falls to you in the 2nd round, then you need to snag them.

How has the scoring broken down the past few years? The passing yardage rules hurts WR values, though the 3 required helps balance that.

Being a 10 team league with those lineup reqs and scoring, I don;t consider a QB early unless one falls deep, talking Rodgers/Brees/Peyton in the 3rd round