[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade 2nd TE Celek for Michael Crabtree? Insane?

vikinglion

10 team keeper league (5 keepers), auction league.

I have Vernon Davis at TE for cheap and also Celek for the minimum.

My keeper receive is Miles Austin, and I could keep Maclin.

I was offered Michael Crabtree for Celek.

We can only start one TE.

I really like the upside on Crabtree, but also hate to give up a cheap Celek.

Am I overrating Crabtree? Do I really consider this deal?

10 team keeper league (5 keepers), auction league.

I have Vernon Davis at TE for cheap and also Celek for the minimum.

My keeper receive is Miles Austin, and I could keep Maclin.

I was offered Michael Crabtree for Celek.

We can only start one TE.

I really like the upside on Crabtree, but also hate to give up a cheap Celek.

Am I overrating Crabtree? Do I really consider this deal?

I would prefer to keep celek, and trade Davis, who I feel, especially now with his injury, that he will fall drasically compared to last years stats. I'd trade Davis, but would try to get something a bit more than just Crabtree. Post your roster, and the roster of the Crabtree owner

Yes. I've thought about that with the two SF players together also.

I've read about how Singletary wants to run the ball and not go so much with passing.

And Alex Smith is no Brees.

But... Crabtree is talented. It's just hard to imagine Gore, Crabtree, and Davis ALL scoring a bunch of TD's.

but then shouldn't it also be hard to imagine Jackson, Maclin, and Celek all scoring a bunch for the Eagles?

Fantasy life is hard.

This is what I've taken into account with the 49ers and their high profile players.

#1) Singletary is a hard-nosed grind it out type coach who will be going to the ground more times then the air however the man is not stupid and realizes that if he puts the ball in Gore's hands to much he is going to get injured. The more touches Gore has, the more prone to injury he will become and with the 49ers being favored in the AFC west this year he is going to want his star back around come playoff time. Therefore his next option is going to be Crabtree and Ginn Jr.

#2) The 49ers schedule is easy street and is going to allow all of the 49ers weapons to get involved in the game in a regular basis. Look for Crabtree, Ginn Jr, and Davis to get more touches this year then in previous years.

#3) Alex Smith is going to have a great year. He has passed on opportunities to leave the 49ers and has stuck with the team due to a feeling of "unfinished business". With this in mind he will be playing like a man on a mission and the only way to fulfill this unfinished business is too air the ball up to Crabtree, Ginn Jr, and Davis.

#4) If you remember Crabtree's performance last year, he led the league in yards/tds for a rookie receiver and thats with missing 4 games...i think it was 4...might have been 6. With a full year, a training camp, and now noted as the #1 receiver he is going to be piling on the yards. To be offered crabtree for a 2ndary TE is a gift from god...go for it. You'll be putting Crabtree in as your 2nd or 3rd receiver...maybe even your primary, I don't know what other WR's u have on your team.

As I watch the 49ers play the Vikings on TV right now I am becoming more and more impressed with the 49ers defense which will give the 49ers offense more time on the field thus yielding more opportunities for the 49ers offense.

What all that says? TRADE CELEK FOR CRABTREE NOW.

Thank you for the detailed reply, Victor.

I'm not sure that Celek is a "secondary" tight end, and you are higher on Alex Smith than most, but

it sure is great to read such a thought out response.

I thank you for your time and details.

Very convincing.

Thanks one more time.