[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just drafted 1st- too many question marks?

GoNads

12 team PPR league with strict roster requirements. 2 qb's (start 1), 4 rb's (start 2), 5 wr's (start 3), 2 te's (start 1), 2 kickers (start 1), and 2 defenses (start 1). 6 points for all td's. 1 pt every 10 yds for rb's and wr's. 1 pt every 25 yds for qb's. Appreciate your thoughts where I need to upgrade and your thoughts regarding these risky, unproven players. Thanks

QB- Favre (6th round), Kolb (7th round)

RB- C. Johnson (1st round), R. Matthews (2nd round), Best (8th round), Hardesty (17th round)

WR- Jennings (3rd round), Crabtree (4th round), Knox (9th round), Gaffney (10th round), M. Williams- Bucs (11th round)

TE- Gates (5th round), Gresham (14th round)

Def- Niners (12th round), Bengals (13th round)

Kicker- Tynes (15th round), Buehler (16th round)

12 team PPR league with strict roster requirements. 2 qb's (start 1), 4 rb's (start 2), 5 wr's (start 3), 2 te's (start 1), 2 kickers (start 1), and 2 defenses (start 1). 6 points for all td's. 1 pt every 10 yds for rb's and wr's. 1 pt every 25 yds for qb's. Appreciate your thoughts where I need to upgrade and your thoughts regarding these risky, unproven players. Thanks

QB- Favre (6th round), Kolb (7th round)

RB- C. Johnson (1st round), R. Matthews (2nd round), Best (8th round), Hardesty (17th round)

WR- Jennings (3rd round), Crabtree (4th round), Knox (9th round), Gaffney (10th round), M. Williams- Bucs (11th round)

TE- Gates (5th round), Gresham (14th round)

Def- Niners (12th round), Bengals (13th round)

Kicker- Tynes (15th round), Buehler (16th round)

Went with a TE before a QB? I mean Farve is still a decent primary QB but, without knowing who/when certain QB's were drafted, I would have went with a QB before Gates. Instead of Farve you possibly could have had Matt Ryan, Rivers, E. Manning? I understand its a PPR league but still QBs are HUGE point generators.

Thanks for the replies (except for Mr get a room). Picking at the top of the draft you have to make a decision whether or not you want a second tier qb or 2nd tier rb's/wr's. In the end 2nd beginning third Romo and Rivers were the only qb's available in that top tier of the second tier of qb's (top tier being Rodgers/Manning/Brees). I have questions about Rivers with no VJax so he wasn't an option for me there. So, my choice was to go w/ Romo and Jennings or Matthews or take Jennings and Matthews and wait for a qb. For PPR leagues I think it makes more sense to load up on wr's/rb's.

My line-up:

Favre/Kolb platoon

CJ, Matthews

Jennings, Crabtree, Gaffney/Knox/Williams platoon

Gates (no qb's were taken after Rivers in the third and before I took Favre/Kolb 6th/7th so think taking Te diff maker in PPR decent call)

My line-up if drafted Romo in late 2nd/early third:

Romo

CJ, Best

Jennings, Crabtree, Gaffney/Knox/WIlliams platoon

Gates

Or

Romo

CJ, Matthews

Crabtree, Knox, Gaffney

I think my team without taking the qb in the third (for what was available) has more upside and depth. My other question is Ryan and Cutler were available when I picked Favre and Kolb. Ryan was a tough call for me because they are still a run first team (at least I know Favre and Kolb will be throwing). I had Cutler last year and he drove me crazy. Plus, Bears O line stinks and in that Martz 7 step drop system Cutler may get killed by mid season. We also deduct points for int's.