[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Pick trade help

dixiedog11

I currently have the #6 pick in our draft. We have 12 players. The player with the #2 pick wants to trade his first 2 picks for my first 2 picks plus one other one in a later round. So I would have picks #2, 23, 30 to start out instead of 6, 18, 30.

Should I do this to be able to get either AP or CJ? Or is it too much giving up a pick later in the draft? (basically with the pick I would give up there would be 24 picks in between my spots.)

This is my second year playing FF so I have no clue if this is what I should do.

Thanks in advance

What round is the later pick you are giving up? Lineup reqs and scoring system?

Generally speaking, assuming a relatively standard lineup setup and no very unusual scoring rules, I would want to move up from the 6 pick assuming the extra pick thrown in is not too early. If it is something like a swap of 6th or 8th round picks, I'd likely do it. I'd probably do it for a swap of 4th round picks.

Now, if he is looking for a bigger move, like your 5th for his 7th or something like that, then I probably wouldn't do it unless scoring/lineup considerations really boost the value of the elite backs, as sitting in the 6th pick you are still assured of one of Gore or AJ (or one of the top 4 backs if they slip)

We will have a 14 man roster with lineup req of 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex. Standard scoring. Bonus points for milestones ( 300 yd passer, 100 yd rush/receive)

I was thinking of offering to give him my 1st and 2nd round pick plus my 8th pick for his 1st and 2nd round plus his 9th pick or possibly his 10th pick. Am I giving up too much?

With my 6th pick I was thinking of going with the best QB. QB's scored the most points in our league last year.

We will have a 14 man roster with lineup req of 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex. Standard scoring. Bonus points for milestones ( 300 yd passer, 100 yd rush/receive)

I was thinking of offering to give him my 1st and 2nd round pick plus my 8th pick for his 1st and 2nd round plus his 9th pick or possibly his 10th pick. Am I giving up too much?

Not really, with those lineup reqs and assuming non-PPR, I'd much rather get CJ or AP then Aj or Gore and if all it costs me is a 4 pick slide in the 2nd and a 1 to 1.5 round drop late in the draft, I'd be all over it.

With my 6th pick I was thinking of going with the best QB. QB's scored the most points in our league last year.

:wacko: Irrelevant. What is the point differential. If GBs outscored all other positions by a hugh margin, than you do not have a "standard" scoring system. If they just tened to be higher scoring (ie 9-10 of them in the top 25 overall or so), this does not neccessarily make them more valuable. Look at the drop within the position compared to the drops in scoring at the other positions.

BC, I went to him with my first 2 picks and my 8th pick for his 1st 2 and 9th pick. he said make it his 11th pick instead of 9th and he would do it. Would you do this? What if I went back and said to meet in the middle and make it his 10th pick ( my 8th pick for his 10th pick)?

Thanks

Your 8th to his 9th is a 7 spot move. I wouldn't do it for that either if I were him, but a decent opening offer.

Your 8th to his 11th is a 31 spot move - I don;t know that I would do that if I were you.

So, options are countering with -

Your 8th for his 10th - a 28 spot move (not much different than his counter as his pick is so close to the turn)

or, your 9th for his 11th - a 20 spot move and more of a happy medium between your initial offer and his counter.

I would come back with the 9th for 11th offer -

Or, better yet, you could come backwith a 9th for 10th (a 17 spot move) offer and then "concede" to the demands and accept a deal of a 9th for 11th rounder which is only 3 slots more, not a ton of value given up at that point in the draft.

OK, his final offer is my 8th for his 10th. (I offered 9th for 11th) I am leaning against it since there will be a 28 pick gap between my picks and there are some pretty good players left in the 8th round.

What do you think?

I think it is a fair offer if you think CJ or AP will significantly outproduce Gore/Turner/AJ/whomever you would get at #6. If you think you are more likely to get more value by not dropping the two rounds later in the draft, then don't do it.