[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB trade?

mstrofpuppts

I was able to get Ray Rice in my league, and was offered Matt Forte and Ryan Grant for Rice and one of my bench receivers. I think Forte will have a good year under Martz and Grant has been solid for a few years now. Think them combined will overtake what Rice does this year? My other RB is Pierre Thomas and he is looking to be more of the lead back then last year with Bell gone and other back ups going on IR.

Should I accept?

Lineup reqs? Can you start 3 RBs? If you do this deal, who is getting pushed out of your starting lineup? Is Rice plus that guy likely to give you better production than Grant and Forte?

I happen to be pretty high on Grant this year and think Forte could do ok (better than last year for sure, but not sure quite up to his rookie year levels), but knowing what the affect is on your lineup is the driving factor.

I can start 3 RB's if I choose (3rd is a flex spot WR/RB) the receiver was Chris Chambers I didnt even draft he was a FA im pretty deep at WR, I went ahead and accepted the trade, in my mind 2 starters for 1 has more potential upside, they both can do a bit worse then last year and still be higher then Rice, he would have to have a CJ or AP type year to overtake them both.

Then Chambers or Driver would be good options. If it were I (and I'm crazy) I'd opt to package Driver over Chambers this year. I think Chambers will have a good year while Driver will lose value fairly quickly.

Who are your remaining backs? I'm not high on Forte but if your light on depth in the RB department, it might be a good deal. Grant should get more TD's and might be marginally less in yardage to Rice, but the deal IMHO isn't all that bad.

If you already have allot of depth, then it might not be worth it.

I already did the deal, but my thinking was because I have pretty good depth at WR and not much at RB to get 2 starters to fill out my roster a bit has more points in the long haul. after my top 3 RBs of Grant, Pierre Thomas, Forte it gets relatively thin, I have Forsett, Barber, and Sproles.

Post both your rosters as always

Former Roster: :New Roster:

QB: Tom Brady QB: Tom Brady :

WR: Greg Jennings WR: Greg Jennings

WR: Steve Smith WR: Steve Smith

RB: Ray Rice RB: Ryan Grant

RB: Pierre Thomas RB: Pierre Thomas

TE: Brent Celek TE: Brent Celek

W/T: Hines Ward W/T: Hines Ward

W/R: Donal Driver W/R: Matt Forte

BN: Justin Forsett BN: Justin Forsett

BN: Marion Barber BN: Marion Barber

BN: Darren Sproles BN: Darren Sproles

BN: Lee Evans BN: Lee Evans

BN: Chris Chambers BN: Donald Driver

I probably wouldnt have done the deal. I think Grant will be solid but, Forte is a big ?. The consistancy that Rice brings week to week is hard to match. You also have Barber and Forsett who are decent match up plays. I understand why you did the trade and its not horrible I personally would take the week to week good numbers from Rice and fill in the other spot with match up starts then getting a lower top 12 weekly starter in Grant and a high game low game guy like Forte.

thats what was causing me to pause, I ended upl ooking at the overal end of year numbers potential being higher from those two then from Rice, further more Grant is solid week to week mixed with a Forte go off here an there, I like Forte's receiving skills in a Martz offense

we'll see though, if Forsett comes out being lead dog (which he should if they go off talent) he is much more valuable just not sure yet how Carroll will use him, Barber will be a good spot starter, Sproles could be good if Mathews doesn't pan out (never know with rookies) but its unlikely.

I can start 3 RB's if I choose (3rd is a flex spot WR/RB) the receiver was Chris Chambers I didnt even draft he was a FA im pretty deep at WR, I went ahead and accepted the trade, in my mind 2 starters for 1 has more potential upside, they both can do a bit worse then last year and still be higher then Rice, he would have to have a CJ or AP type year to overtake them both.

The key here though is that you are using BOTH of them to replace Rice, that is why I asked who was getting dropped from your current lineup to make room for the new guy, as you have to compare what Rice AND that guy would give you compared to these two, not what these two give you compared to Rice.

Yeah, Grant will for sure be solid for you and it basically comes down to your opinion on Forte who I see going all over the board. If Forte can go back to his rookie form (89 yard TD run in pre-season is a nice start) then its going to be a really nice trade for you. My faith in Forte is a little less I guess and thats why I wouldnt have done it but, in the end it could really pan out for you.

driver/ward will be replaced by Forte more often then not depending on matchups

Just reiterating what's been said, but as always with trades, you have to evaluate if the upgrade from Ward/Driver/Forsett to Forte is greater than the downgrade from Rice to Grant.

Considering that you can start 3RBs, at the surface I don't think it's a bad deal then, but alot will depend on if Forte can bounce back to big numbers... He did get off to a good start in that preseason game last week though...

I probably would have done a different deal, but I'm higher on Rice than most. Not a bad deal to add depth though, with only having to rely on Forsett and Barber for depth... Now just hope and pray that you did right with Forte.

Edited by delusions of granduer