[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Placing guys in Tiers

3_Time Champion

I calculate PPG for every player at a position and then make tiers that encompass all players within 1 PPG of each other. I will adjust the tiers if it looks lke it makes sense to include/exclude a player into a higher/lower tier.

Edited by myhousekey

How do you guys figure out your "Tiers". Is it a formula or a "eyeball" thing?

I break it down where I see a drop-off....if I see certain players with a similar style/situation then I put them in the same tier, but place the one with less risk higher...

take Turner, Benson and Mendenhall for example...I have them in the same tier, but Turner is the highest because he has the best chance to perform, then Benson with Mendenhall at the bottom....but none of these guys really catch the ball and are only really good at wearing the D down and getting that 1yd TD....

I will likely avoid all of these players because I play in PPR leagues and would rather have someone who is in a RBBC and catches the ball which makes up for a couple less TD's with what they might do in the air and ground rather than just offering one dimension of play...

If you look at projections, you might see a natural break where you could draw a line.

But I do have a question about Huddle tiers. When a player moves down in the rankings, sometimes they drop down a tier. Why does some other player automatically get moved up a tier to fill his gap?