[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2QB Draft strategy?

ak3

# of teams, rest of lineup requirements and scoring system required to provide any sort of reasonable answer, but, generally speaking, 2 QB leagues push QB values through the roof, as most of the times the other position requirements are still "standard" (ie 2 RB/3WR).

Treat like you would any other analysis of a league, look for the dropoffs in value and apply draft strategy accordingly, just make sure to account for a different QB baseline than you would in typical 1QB leagues.

Do your basic valuation of the positions, but, with those settings (I'll assume passing yardage is in the 1 per 20 or 25 range and no PPR), then I would probably target a top QB early on and quite possibly a 2nd on relatively early as well, depending on who was available and what the relative dropoffs were at the other positions.

I've played in a 2 qb league for 10 yrs. After CJ and AP, i would take a qb with the 3rd overall pick. I'm in a 10 teamer also and 27-30 qb's are always drafted. Unlike rb's and wr's you just cant find a free agent qb thats any good. Last yr I drafted Peyton early and waited until rnds 8 and 10 to get Delhomme and Bulger; believing one of them would produce. What a disaster for me. Nobody would trade a decent qb to me and there wasnt any better qb's in free agency.

There are guys in this league that grab 2 qbs with their 1st 2 picks. This yr I'm drafting 4th and taking Rogers or Brees, then will probably grab wr, rb in rnds 2-3; unless something wierd happens. I will then grab another qb in rnds 4 or 5.

I learned my lesson last yr.

Hope this helps.

I have the 3rd pick in my league. AP and CJ will be gone. I'm really tempted to take Rodgers #3. It's a flex QB league if that makes any difference. This is a 12 teamer.

Would need more details to give more specific advice (lineup reqs, scoring), but in most scenarios I wouldn;t disagree with this approach.

With 2QBs required, you need three QBs - two starters and a backup which equals 30 bodies which meeans get your three QBs sooner rather than later. I would draft a top QB in the first round and then look to take QB2 and QB3 in the middle rounds (about 5-8 rounds). In rounds 2,3, and 4 focus on getting the best player available at RB or WR. TEs are deep so hold off on them. In rounds 5-8, other picks are RB2, WR3.

Would need more details to give more specific advice (lineup reqs, scoring), but in most scenarios I wouldn;t disagree with this approach.

Sorry, was in a bit of a hurry. 4 point passing TDs, 6 for everything else. Standard yardage (50 yds per point) and standard rushing/receiving yardage points. 1/2 PPR.

QB

WR, WR, WR

RB, RB

WR/RB

QB/WR/RB

TE

K

DST

5 bench spots

Edited by Art Van Delay

Pretty sure, even with the deeper lineup for RBs and WRs, that QBs will still be higher scoring overall and thus the position you want to target for your flex, so you could probably still quite safely take the approach of going QB in the first and then evalulate your 2nd and 3rd round picks based on who goes, but if a better than average QB is there, I'd probably lean that way

Thanks. Yes last year in our leage out of the top 16 scorers, 9 were QBs. CJ was the top scorer but Aaron Rodgers was close behind thanks to the 5 rushing TDs he had pushing him ahead of Brees/Manning. I know it goes against regular fantasy strategy but I really am leaning towards Rodgers #3. If that causes a run on QBs then I should be able to get a top WR/RB even late in rd 2. If Schaub or Romo are there though I will take one of them.

Thanks. Yes last year in our leage out of the top 16 scorers, 9 were QBs. CJ was the top scorer but Aaron Rodgers was close behind thanks to the 5 rushing TDs he had pushing him ahead of Brees/Manning. I know it goes against regular fantasy strategy but I really am leaning towards Rodgers #3. If that causes a run on QBs then I should be able to get a top WR/RB even late in rd 2. If Schaub or Romo are there though I will take one of them.

It only goes against "regular strategy" when compared to most start 1 QB leagues. This isnt a 1 QB league