[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marshawn Lynch

Cunning Runt

What's the scoop with this guy this year? Any chance at all he gets traded before the season to someone needing a starting RB?

He's been under the radar so far this year. I know he doesn't want to be in Buffalo, and they drafted Spiller and already have F. Jackson. Seems like an obvious candidate to move.

He's a bit of headcase, but he's still a talented back that could possibly flourish playing elsewhere.

He's available on my FA wire and I'm thinking about taking a flyer on him if there was any chance he might get moved. If he stays in Buffalo, I'm leaving him alone.

Some teams that come to mind would be the Bucs, maybe the Redskins (they've got a bunch of backs, but none are as young), Seattle, Packers (I think he's better than Grant talent-wise), Bears, Texans (maybe), maybe a couple others. Just thinking out loud here - no rumors to report or anything.

TIA

What's the scoop with this guy this year? Any chance at all he gets traded before the season to someone needing a starting RB?

He's been under the radar so far this year. I know he doesn't want to be in Buffalo, and they drafted Spiller and already have F. Jackson. Seems like an obvious candidate to move.

He's a bit of headcase, but he's still a talented back that could possibly flourish playing elsewhere.

He's available on my FA wire and I'm thinking about taking a flyer on him if there was any chance he might get moved. If he stays in Buffalo, I'm leaving him alone.

Some teams that come to mind would be the Bucs, maybe the Redskins (they've got a bunch of backs, but none are as young), Seattle, Packers (I think he's better than Grant talent-wise), Bears, Texans (maybe), maybe a couple others. Just thinking out loud here - no rumors to report or anything.

TIA

I'd give you my opinion but I don't want to be accused of beating a dead horse :wacko:

TIA

I'd give you my opinion but I don't want to be accused of sandbagging.

I'd give you my opinion but I don't want to be accused of beating a dead horse :wacko:

I had a suspicion when I saw you posted in the thread it was going to be something like that. I'm not looking to start a war of words with you. Not my style. Just seemed like that Portis thing had run its course.

Give me your opinion on Lynch. I'm all ears. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

I had a suspicion when I saw you posted in the thread it was going to be something like that. I'm not looking to start a war of words with you. Not my style. Just seemed like that Portis thing had run its course.

Give me your opinion on Lynch. I'm all ears. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Lynch at best is the 3rd best back on what should be one of the worst teams in the league. He has off field issues, injury issues, and scampers like a crab. His upside is he runs with good pad level, he breaks tackles and has decent skills as a receiver.

Lynch at best is the 3rd best back on what should be one of the worst teams in the league. He has off field issues, injury issues, and scampers like a crab. His upside is he runs with good pad level, he breaks tackles and has decent skills as a receiver.

I get all that. I wanna know if there's any chance he gets traded.

I get all that. I wanna know if there's any chance he gets traded.

The only team at any point that showed any interest in Lynch (at least publicly) was Seattle and it seems that sudsided in June. Drafting players assuming they'll be traded in the NFL seems a bit optimistic as does the assumption that a change of scenery would revitalize the career of a guy who's pretty average to begin with.

The only team at any point that showed any interest in Lynch (at least publicly) was Seattle and it seems that sudsided in June. Drafting players assuming they'll be traded in the NFL seems a bit optimistic as does the assumption that a change of scenery would revitalize the career of a guy who's pretty average to begin with.

Well, it's just a FA wire bench spot filler, so I can afford the space in that regard. I do think this is a player that would respond positively to a change of scenery.

Well, it's just a FA wire bench spot filler, so I can afford the space in that regard. I do think this is a player that would respond positively to a change of scenery.

Reading over your list of fantasy suitors, based on health, talent level and familiarity with the system, he'd still be relegated to 3rd on the depth chart. No offense guy, but you're grasping at straws and the season hasn't even started :wacko:

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

Reading over your list of fantasy suitors, based on health, talent level and familiarity with the system, he'd still be relegated to 3rd on the depth chart. No offense guy, but you're grasping at straws and the season hasn't even started :wacko:

Nah, I'm solid.

I'm just trying to find a diamond in the rough. This type of info gathering and then being ahead of the curve is one of my methods. I'm looking at several situations. This just happened to be the one I'm looking at currently.

But I disagree that he'd be 3rd on any of the team's depth charts that I mentiond. I could make a case for him being the starter on all of them. My opinion only of course, so on that front, I'm not looking for a debate.

I think Lynch could very well be fantasy relevant if he was moved to a team where he had a chance to compete for the starting gig. Lets not forget that he is only 24 and has 2 1,000yd rushing seasons under his belt. He also is an asset in the passing game. Wether or not he gets traded is the issue. With the recent injury to Fred Jackson, I highly doubt it. Things can change in the NFL in a hurry though. Is he worth a roster stash if you have the room? Why the hell not?

I don't think Grant is a gifted runner either, but he is a much better FOOTBALL PLAYER :wacko: than Lynch. Lynch is lowest rung of NFL player because he doesn't care.

Well, that's where the whole "change of scenery" thing comes in.

Think Cedric Benson. Not saying you'd have the same results, but you could.

Well, that's where the whole "change of scenery" thing comes in.

Think Cedric Benson. Not saying you'd have the same results, but you could.

Lynch has no where near the NFL skill set Benson does, that said I wouldn't take Benson this year either. I'd much rather burn the pick on Bernard Scott a whole lot later. Stash Scott on your roster or Kareem Huggins or Anthony Dixon.

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

Lynch has no where near the NFL skill set Benson does, that said I wouldn't take Benson this year either. I'd much rather burn the pick on Bernard Scott ahwole lot later. Stash Scott on your roster or Kareem Huggins or Anthony Dixon.

Hmm.. I don't know about that Benson thing as compared to Lynch.

Marshawn Lynch is the best all around back on the Buffalo Bills. Until CJ Spiller can prove that he can take a pounding and run the ball up the middle I can't compare him with a guy who has the same level pedigree, and hit 1,300 yards in his only two seasons where he was given the lead back role. I really like watching Spiller though, and I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea here... But Spiller has to prove that he's an every down back, and not another Reggie Bush.

As far as Fred Jackson goes, him being a better runningback than Marshawn Lynch is nothing short of hogwash. Fred's attempts, rush yardage, receptions and reception yardage were nearly identical to Lynch in 2008. But one stat tips the scale in Lynch's favor... Fred Jackson had 284 touches last year, with only four touchdowns to show for it. That's 71 touches per touchdown. Meanwhile Lynch's numbers in 2008 were 298 with nine touchdowns, or a touchdown ever 33 touches. Marshawn Lynch is the only true bell cow on this team that can do it all. All three have shown that they can catch the ball, but only one has proven that he can get the tough yards and do something inside the redzone.

Now after saying that, if I had to choose one of those guys to be the runningback of my team, Lynch wouldn't be the guy I'd want. He's an absoulte headcase. If Marshawn Lynch wants to be great, he can. I do question his love for the game and his decision making off the field, but if he ever became focused he could be very, very good.

I think what you saw with Fred was his ceiling last year.