[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

5th pick in a 12 team PPR league (6pt passing tds)

jackets77

Have the 5th pick in a 12 team ppr league this Sunday and I'm stuck on who to take. Was sold on taking AJ, but now I'm having 2nd thoughts on who to take between AJ, Rodgers or Gore. I know for a fact that if I don't take Rodgers, that the top 4qbs will be gone by the time I pick in the 2nd....the lower part of the 1st round is going to be very QB heavy as well as the top of the 2nd.....any thoughts on this? Am I overthinking this too much? Just go with AJ who's a beast at WR and take the best available in the 2nd? Or take a chance and go with a QB early in the 1st which I've never done before? Or go with my usual strategy of taking the best rb available in the 1st? any thoughts would be great.

In my opinion, with a 6pt/TD, I'd go with A.Rod. He is going to throw atleast a couple TDs per game, throws minimal INTs, and always stays healthy. I think I'd pass on AJ, either hope he falls or pick the next best WR/RB available. Is this a Point-per-Completion league as well? If so, A ROD for sure.

If not, AJ/Best RB available + Matt Schaub 2nd round would be a good selection

Thanks for your response. This is not a point per completion league. Just a standard PPR league, but the only difference is that qb's get 6pts for passing TDs. The more i read about the 6pt passing touchdowns the more I see that it doesn't make QBs any more valuable. So now i'm even more confused which direction to go? AJ, Rodgers or Gore....anyone else with any thoughts on this? :wacko:

Lineup Reqs?

IMO, it is a coin flip between Gore and AJ. I have the 5th pick in WCOFF this year and am leaning Gore as I really like the WR options in the 2nd and 3rd more than the RB options based on some ADP info I have been studying(also, with 2 required RBs, 3 required WRs, plus a flex, RBs aren't deflated like they are in the 1 RB leagues).

Thanks for your response:

Lineup requirements are the following:

1QB

2RB

2WR

1Flex(RB/WR)

1TE

1DST

i've been able to do some mocks with drafting AJ first and getting Grant and Charles in the 2nd and 3rd....

Also done some mocks drafting Gore in the 1st and getting Marshall and then either a 2nd tier wr or rb in the 3rd...

And then the 3rd option was drafting Rodgers and then getting best avail rb/wr in the next 4 rounds

any more thoughts?

im in the same boat...draft is tomorrow. i am leaning towards andre - i like rodgers, but think tom brady will be there in the third round for me to snag. going with either ryan mathews/grant or reach for jamaal charles in the 2nd round

I am in the SAME exact boat except no PPR. Also, our QB gets 1 pt per 20 yds instead of 25, along with the 6 for a TD

I keep seeing people say that 4 pts per TD and 6 pts per TD in the QB position makes no difference? I don't see the logic here.

If your QB throws for 20 TD's, that's 40 extra fantasy points throughout the season. In say a 15 game season, that's 2.5 pts per game. Could be the difference between a win and a loss. How does that not make a difference?

I'm really leaning towards the Rodgers route, but reading a few peoples posts in similar positions is making me rethink and consider a Gore or AJ route.

I keep seeing people say that 4 pts per TD and 6 pts per TD in the QB position makes no difference? I don't see the logic here.

the logic is that every qb gets the same pt scoring system so it really doesnt matter....i can see your logic too, but qbs are one position where you only play one and there is only so many. you win with the rb/wr/te positions, imo, and if ya get a top 10 in those and you happen to have a top 5 qb to boot then ya are gonna prolly win. wr are a plenty and there can be up to 4 on the field at a time...you need a top 3 wr to really stand out. rbs have been hit with the rbbc bug, so you need one thats not in it, and is always on the field...which is a qb...and there you have the logic...i hope :wacko:

i am hoping to get andre johnson in the 1st, ryan grant in the 2nd, and steal tom brady in the 3rd....ive looked at the teams and who is drafting where and it might work...crossing my fingers :-)

If your QB throws for 20 TD's, that's 40 extra fantasy points throughout the season. In say a 15 game season, that's 2.5 pts per game. Could be the difference between a win and a loss. How does that not make a difference?

I'm really leaning towards the Rodgers route, but reading a few peoples posts in similar positions is making me rethink and consider a Gore or AJ route.

You are looking at total points, not point differential. There was a difference of 8 passing TDs between the top 12 QBs last season. That is a difference of 16 points over the course of an entire season between the #1 and #12 passing QB, or an extra 1 PPG separation for 12 QBs. The difference between the #1 QB and say the #4 or 5 QB, which, if our rankings are close to right is someone you can get 3 rounds later, is even less than that.

Basically, it is a non-factor.

Who would you go with Gore orAJ?

This much I know for sure from knowing these guys i play with....the following players will not be there when I pick in the 2nd...

Rodgers

Breese

Manning

Brady

Wayne

Mendanhall

Moss

Turner

SJax

Grant

Can't really explain how i know but I just know these guys wont be there.....I know who's picking what after me in the 1st for sure...and early 2nd...

Do with that being said and know who won't be there in round 2, who do you go with? AJ or Gore?

Who would you go with Gore orAJ?

This much I know for sure from knowing these guys i play with....the following players will not be there when I pick in the 2nd...

Rodgers

Breese

Manning

Brady

Wayne

Mendanhall

Moss

Turner

SJax

Grant

Can't really explain how i know but I just know these guys wont be there.....I know who's picking what after me in the 1st for sure...and early 2nd...

Do with that being said and know who won't be there in round 2, who do you go with? AJ or Gore?

I say read this thread.

I picked 5th in my primary league, a 12, last night. Remarkably, Turner and then Ryan Matthews!! climbed into the top 4, so MJDrew fell to me -- I was poised to take Gore, having decided to resist either AJ or Rodgers at that point as I thought I could get decent value later. In the 2nd, Grant went the pick before me -- leaving me to take Manning. On the wrap around in the 3rd, Colston was waiting.

Ended up with:

1) Manning, Hassleback

2) MJDrw, Addai, AFoster, Portis

4) Colston, Knox, Berrian, Cribbs, Gaffney, Chambers <-- return yards count 30/1 vs 20/1 for recieving

1) Gates

1) Akers

1) Philly

I liked going RB at 5 -- left me with a good team, albeit dependent on some scrubby wrs to come through for me ... now I'm I'm looking to package portis and a wr (other than colston) for a wr upgrade ...