[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

5th pick in keeper PPR...

troublez

I have Ray Rice as my keeper in a 10 man ppr league with the 5th pick I expect to have Moss as an option for my first round. However, I also am considering the possibility of Michael Turner if he is there at number 5.... Should I go with an elite wide receiver or lock up another home run RB in Turner. (especially since they are talking about Turner's reception game being upped this year.) I am a little torn on this one... I want to get best value with my first pick but I'm scared I will screw over my WR's if I wait until rd two to draft my first.

Edit - Oh rushing and receiving TD's worth 6 points, Receiving Yards 1 point per 20.00 Rushing Yards 1.00 point per 10.00

Edited by troublez

Well ... even if Turner does "up his reception game" by 100% over last year - that will give him a total of 10 catches for the season, maybe 12 catches when you consider the games he missed last year. Just sayin'.

In any event, while Turner is certainly a viable option for you, given that this is a PPR league, I'd have a tough time waiting until round 2 or 3 to grab my first WR as the elite WRs will likely be gone ... your decision will have to depend at least in part on who other teams are keeping and on your starting lineup requirements, ie - if you need to start 3 WRs every week, your Turner strategy may not pay off so well, as your WR1 may be = every other team's WR2. If you only need to start 2 WRs each week however, the pool of available WRs may be larger on draft day, and then looking at Turner rather than Moss might be a very reasonable plan after all ... add in that this is a 10-team league, and taking Turner actually makes more sense to me, given that there should be a few extra high-end WRs on the board in round 2 than there would be in a 12-team format.

Of course, if you expect Turner to have a monster season, and outscore Moss by a fair margin, by all means target Turner no matter what ... but whatever you decide, make sure to take lineup requirements vs the pool of available players by position into account when determining player value & when to pull the trigger on drafting a given player.

Edited by ts

One reason I lean towards Turner in this situation that ts didn;t cover is that yardage scoring. It pretty much negates the PPR boost for WRs.

Lineup reqs would help in the decision, but, under assumption that there are two required RBs, no more than 3 required WRs and it only being 10 teams, as much as I love Roddy White this year, I think Turner is the choice in this situation.