[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Decisions decisions... Manning or Mathews (with a twist)

Rufus919

12 team keeper league. 0.5 PPR, 6pts for passing TDs. QB, 2WR, 2RB WR/RB, TE, DST

I'm keeping Ray Rice (3rd round), and Brandon Marshall (4th round). During the draft a team is skipped for the round that they are keeping a player.

I have the 5th pick overall, and I will have to skip rounds 3 and 4.

Available players for the first round include: Frank Gore, Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Peyton Manning, Ryan Mathews, Fitz, RWayne, Colston, Shonn Greene, Pierre Thomas, Ryan Grant.

The first 3 players to go will almost certainly be AJ, Gore and Moss (though not necessarily in that order).

I think this leaves me to chose between Mathews or Manning. But you might feel differently...

I am curious and appreciative to know who you would take in the first round, and who you think I should try to follow up with in the 2nd. Thanks.

I'd probably lean Wayne with Grant a close second.... but, I am really on the Grant bandwagon this year, so I bet there is a small chance he could be there in the 2nd for you depending on how many picks are skipped, etc.

In a start 1 QB league, it is way too early for a QB.

I'm starting to lean towards Mathews in the first and then Brady or Romo in the 2nd.

I could take Mathews in the first and then the next best available WR in the 2nd. But if I do this I'm really worried that if I don't take a QB in my first 2 picks, the caliber of QB by the 5th round will not be good. (Bear in mind this is the 5th round of a keeper league, so really it'd be like the 7th round).