[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

car buffs

dmarc117

The pluses are more torque, longer range, longer life and higher fuel economy. The minuses are they typically cost more, they are typically much louder, and not all gas stations offer diesel. Diesel engines used to have issues starting in colder weather, but I think they've gotten past that now. Depending on how much you drive and what you are looking at it could take 3 to 6 years to get back the difference in initial cost via fuel savings.

The pluses are more torque, longer range, longer life and higher fuel economy. The minuses are they typically cost more, they are typically much louder, and not all gas stations offer diesel. Diesel engines used to have issues starting in colder weather, but I think they've gotten past that now. Depending on how much you drive and what you are looking at it could take 3 to 6 years to get back the difference in initial cost via fuel savings.

what about a used, say 05 model with 80k miles? looking at these ford excursions.

80K miles is nothing for a diesel. If an Excursion is what you want, then you definitely want the diesel.

+1 to both. That's going to be a 6.0 and by 2005 that engine was as bulletproof as they come. It's a little louder, but the fuel mileage is phenomenal for a tank like that. And you'll get 300K miles out of that drivetrain before it needs anything IF you maintain it.

Now, check your maintenance costs. A diesel is one place I'd like to have a trusted mechanic if you can't do it yourself. Regular maintenance will cost 3X as much as for a gas engine - maybe more. That's really the only downside though. And I almost never tell folks to buy a warranty, but on that I'd do my darndest to sell it to you. If there would happen to be a problem, there's nothing cheap about a diesel.

u should be saving all your money for next month's apocalypse

You do know what an Excursion is right? He's buying it so he can go Mad Max on the liberal electric cars owners when the end comes. He knows they won't have firearms, and all he has to do is t-bone them and then slowly get out of the car and fleece them.

You do know what an Excursion is right? He's buying it so he can go Mad Max on the liberal electric cars owners when the end comes. He knows they won't have firearms, and all he has to do is t-bone them and then slowly get out of the car and fleece them.

Bingo. A diesel Excursion with the brush guards and skid plates and ballistic glass is just as good as a hummer for apocalypse ride!

Bingo. A diesel Excursion with the brush guards and skid plates and ballistic glass is just as good as a hummer for apocalypse ride!

:wacko:

keep it on the down low fellas!!!! :wacko: