[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Rules for an 8 team league?

TheFUGLIES

Hi Guys,

My league has dropped to a new low of 8 teams. Are there any particular rules to make this a little more competitive / fun? Currently it's a PPR league with 9 starters (QB,2RBs,2WRs,1RB/WR,TE,K,DT), with a bench of 7. I've been thinking of upping the bench (to limit the decent FA Options), or maybe starting 2 QBs (To make the position more relevant).

Does anybody have any insight or novel rules to make such a small league more enjoyable (Defenive players and auction drafts are not really an option)?

Thanks,

Mark Moreau.

Expand the entire lineup, not just QBs.

Something like 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 4WRs, 2 Flex, 1 TE, 1K and 1 DT (can expand the last 3 as well if you want) and a roster of 24-26 players.

This still increases the relevance of the QB position compared to a "standard" 12 team lineup, but doesn't achieve that by completely devaluing the other positions. The deeper lineups will still reward more knowledgeable owners while making it so that every team isn't just studs at every position.

I would have automatically discounted any 8-team league (don't even like 10), but those are great ideas and actually make it sound like fun.

But what about the playoffs?? Maybe just 4 teams make it, with semi's and championship in Weeks 15 & 16?

I would have automatically discounted any 8-team league (don't even like 10), but those are great ideas and actually make it sound like fun.

But what about the playoffs?? Maybe just 4 teams make it, with semi's and championship in Weeks 15 & 16?

One of the leagues I play in is an 8 man/ 6 player keeper (3 yrs) league. After the first 14 weeks, the top four teams play for the money, and the bottom four teams play for the top 4 draft positions next year. That way everyone has something to play for all 16 weeks.