[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty trade

In a 12 team 1 PPR dynasty which starts 1 QB 1-2 RBs 3-4 WRs 1 TE and have been offered a trade. I am weak at RB and not very strong anywhere else. I am not really too eager to do the deal but it is close to being close enough to do.

Deal 1: He gives A. Foster ( RB HOU ) S Greene ( RB NYJ ) J Witten ( TE DAL ) D Driver ( WR GBP ) and I give up J Best ( RB DET ) and M Austin ( WR DAL )

I could use the young quality RB help but it would leave me with a weak WR corp in a league where it seems that outside of elite RBs it is WRs that seem to carry a team.

My roster ( don't laugh )

QBs : P Manning, A Smith, J Clausen

RBs: C Benson, J Best, Julius Jones, J Snelling, Ryan Torain, B Westbrook

WRs: M Austin, D Avery, K Britt, P Garcon, S Smith NYG, S Smith CAR, M Thomas JAC

TEs: K Boss, J Shockey

Thanks!

I kinda like the deal, I am not a big believer that Best will hold up in the NFL. Austin is very talented but lets not forget Dallas just took Dez Bryant in the first round and he will take over as #1 WR there at some point( next yr , the year after) . Foster is young and so is Greene, they give you a nice pair to start to rebuild your RB's with. Smith(nyg) ,Garcon ,Thomas and Britt are all young and on the upswing. See if you can get him to throw in a younger WR in place of Driver, but if not I still make the trade.

I don't see the point of the deal for your team.

Current lineup:

QB - Manning

RB - Benson

WR - Austin

WR - SSmith

WR - SMith

TE - Boss

Flex - Best (or Garcon if he performs, Thomas, etc)

If you do the deal, you give up your best flex option and one of the top rookie RBs this year to add Foster, an unproven commodity and Greene, who has had 2 good playoff games and never caught a pass in the NFL, in a PPR league. Most likely you'll continue starting Benson, so one of these guys, likely Foster, is nothing more than bench depth and bye week fill in if he is outperforming the WR flex options.

Then you give up Austin, your top WR and a guy ranked top 8 at his position by most sources (top 5 by many) to improve to Witten at TE. As much as I like Witten, unless it is graduated PPR for TEs, I'd much rather have Austin in the lineup rather than have to start one of Garcon, Thomas or Britt every week.

Realistically, you are fine at QB, have serviceable RBs including one of the top rookies this year, particularly in a PPR format, are pretty darn solid at WR including too young strong WRs in Austin and Smith (NYG) but do have a weakness at TE, though both Boss and Shockey have decent upside and the potential for the occassional big game. They will just lack consistency most likely.