[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who to draft at 4.02

stuey

I'm in a 10-team league, drafting in 9th position in a serpentine draft. Scoring is non-PPR, performance based, 4 pts for passing TDs. TEs are mandatory and none are off the board yet. I already have Gore (couldn't believe he fell to me at 1.09), R Wayne, & DeA Williams. Of the 2nd tier WRs only Colston & SSmith (NYG) remain. It seems to me like a toss up between Colston & Gates - they actually scored identically in my league last year (1 pt per 20 yards receiving). In my league, the top 5-6 TEs are usually gone by the end of the 5th round so I'm considering starting the run early. Thoughts?

Ya I should have stated that we're doing the first few rounds by email and it was getting late so I could leave my pick for the morning. We resume our draft live on Tues eve for the final rounds.

I might lean Smith, there is depth at TE so don't go Gates. I really don't like Colston, Brees has so many weapons on offense a different guy will put up numbers each week, I think Smith might be the safer pick.

Guess i'm gonna disagree with the board. Gates is a stud. Yes there is some depth at TE but if a run on TE's starts before it gets back to you then you are screwed. Go with the stud. There are alot of WR's that will put up similar numbers to Colsten that will be available after YOU start that TE run. Good luck.