[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pierre Thomas/Felix Jones for Ryan Mathews?

el steeler

seeking advice on this possible trade someone offered for my Mathews...my other RBs are A. Peterson and Portis so i don't really have much depth, especially when Portis gets injured again. i'm just apprehensive that Mathews turns out to be a massive stud, but then again, he could also have a very mediocre season. you never know with RBs. on the flipside, you never know how many carries Jones will get and Thomas plays in a pretty pass-happy offense...

thoughts?

Edited by el steeler

I might make that trade. Thomas and Mathews may end up with very similar numbers when all is said and done, AND you get Felix Jones, who will have some value when he's healthy.

Look at it this way: We KNOW the Saints offense will be potent. We don't know for sure how San Diego will end up with Jackson basically gone and the left tackle still unsigned.

I would not make that trade. I think Jones is bench fodder this year, and Matthews will get more touches than Thomas, since Thomas shares backfield duties with Bush.

But what about Sproles? He and Bush got pretty similar touches last year, and you can bet Sproles will get more this year with Mathews being a rookie.

I looked it up:

Bush: 117 touches rushing and receiving.

Sproles: 138 rushing and receiving.

But what about Sproles? He and Bush got pretty similar touches last year, and you can bet Sproles will get more this year with Mathews being a rookie.

I looked it up:

Bush: 117 touches rushing and receiving.

Sproles: 138 rushing and receiving.

You forget that MIke Bell also got alot of touches for the Saints. He is now gone, so you figure his touches will go to both Thomas and Bush. But, which backfield partner is better, Reggie Bush or Darren Sproles?

You forget that MIke Bell also got alot of touches for the Saints. He is now gone, so you figure his touches will go to both Thomas and Bush. But, which backfield partner is better, Reggie Bush or Darren Sproles?

Honestly, I think Sproles gets more touches, which means less for Mathews, which may make Thomas even more valuable.

You and I are probably splitting hairs here, which makes el steeler even more confused. :wacko:

My thought is: I see Mathews and Thomas with similar numbers when it's all said and done. And el steeler also gets Felix Jones, who when healthy has the talent to be a RB1. For me, I take the trade.

reports coming out that dallas is looking to trade either barber or choice...dallas has refuted the barber thing but didn't say anything about choice. either way you have to like the fact that there's no mention of jones in there.

unfortunately i already turned the trade down. should i re-offer?? i really don't like thomas' statlines the past two years but hopefully he does get around 250 carries and 1200 yards + 40 catches or so, an RB1 kind of line. is mike bell the only reason thomas only started 6 games last year?

jones is a gamble but man could it pay off. and it's not even that much of a risk, considering thomas should at worst be a slight downgrade from mathews

i wish i'd put more thought into it before i declined after reading the first few replies haha