[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First time - 14 team league, been doin FF for 15 years!

ronniemo

Hi There!!

I have been in leagues for Fantasy Football for over 15 years but I have never been in a league over 10 teams!

My draft is today and I was hoping for a bit of advice. I have the 11th pick and its a snake draft!

Here is whats required for us to draft:

2 QB

3 RB

3 WR

2 TE

2 PK

2 DST’s

2 floaters of any position

Here is our required starting lineups:

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 PK

1 DST’s

1 flex player other than PK or DST

Any advice on my draft and approach??

Thank you in advance!

Have been in a 14-team league for 8 years... Here are my initial impressions of drafting that late:

1. In this spot, try and get a Tier 1 WR or QB with your first pick, and grab a decent RB in round 2. I've found if you don't have some Tier 1 depth early on, the team always ends up mediocre. I might make an exception to this if it's someone like Turner or Gore sitting at #11, but doubtful they would last that long. RB in round 3. If you can, grab a Tier 1 TE on the way back in round 4... great. If not, start collecting WRs and RBs, and grab a solid Tier 2 TE in the middle rounds.

2. Avoid the DST and kickers while everyone else is starting that run. That's the time you're stockpiling the depth you'll need for late in the season, and it's the trade fodder for filling any holes. Last four picks of the draft will be your K and DSTs.

3. You will probably not like your team when the draft is done, but neither will anybody else. Depth becomes an issue with 14 teams, so stockpiling talent in the middle rounds allows you to play the matchups you want, while everyone else is trying to jump on the Ravens or Packers DST bus.

My two cents.

quit any team that does'nt let you put who you want on your bench. Screw 2 pkers and 2 defenses. The quy above me has the right idea though, dont overreact and pick 2 medicore rbs. Probably should make one of those picks an rb but dont be afraid to do go elite qb and elite wr if there is one in the 2nd round and all the rbs suck for that draft position. Always consider if you take the best player you can trade that depth at one postion for a rb.

If you can go QB at flex as your post implies, and assuming relatively standard scoring, then QB/QB is a legit option in this type of league. With two required RBs and only 2 required WRs, RBs go way up in value compared to WRs.

:wacko:

I never thought I'd see this. But it is good advice.

BTW: Is this PPR? And if so, PPR for all positions? And if so, break it down by position?