[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In wall speakers

satelliteoflovegm

Has anyone had any experience with this company or these speakers? HTD Speakers

They kinda seem like the monoprice of speakers. I love monoprice.

Any first hand experience with in wall speakers of any brand, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

They're are going in a big room and I would be installing 3 pair and using an existing sub for 7.1.

Edited by satelliteoflovegm

I'm not a fan of in-wall anything since it makes it difficult to maintain stuff and also ties you down to one room layout. I think in-wall tends to transfer bass response around the house a lot too, at higher volumes.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Not without merit.

I think it depends on the speaker quality and design to absorb the transfer of low freq. Not concerned with the room layout, there are only two options and the current one puts the 50 inch TV just out of comfortable view, about 20'.

On the wall mounted is an option too.

Unless the wife or SO absolutely, positively HAS to not see the speakers, I would avoid in wall speakers. The biggest issue IMO is move/fix/change/upgrade. Once they are there, they are there. The second problem is sound. I've always found the overall sound of in wall or ceiling speakers to be decidedly substandard for the money paid. The is no specifically designed enclosure to properly channel the sound out into the room and you end up with certain frequencies being absorbed by the house itself. This lends itself to a slightly muddy sound. The other problem with those speakers is that you cannot go anywhere and listen to them before purchase.

I can't comment on the speakers, as I bought mine from somewhere else. However, I have a whole house audio system from HTD and it is very solid. Great customer support as well. Very quick response and very accommodating. I had repainted a room and changed all the fixtures to black cover plates. They agreed to swap a white control panel for a black one for just the cost of shipping. This was a year after I bought the system.

Good stuff thanks.

I think I am leaning toward ON wall instead of IN wall for the reasons mentioned.

I have heard nothing but good stuff about HTD. Thanks for backing that up if I do the whole house thing.