[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What to do with Flaaco Week 1?

delfamdelfam

With Revis back I feel iffy playing Flaaco, but I have no backup QB. I tried to get Eli but the owner also has Favre so he's reluctant to trade him. Should I just play him and hope for the best or try to trade for say a Stafford who plays Chicago. Roster in Sig.

If Revis had signed ~2 weeks ago (ie presumably prior to your FF draft), would you have changed your draft strategy, and tried to land Stafford rather than Flacco as your starting QB? If yes, then I guess trying to trade for Stafford now might make some sense ... but I'm not sure I'd go nuts attempting to revamp my team's QB situation in week #1 based on the recent NFL signing of 1 CB, no matter how good that CB might be.

I'm in that boat, too, sort of.

I have Flacco and Matt Ryan, but both have terrible matchups. Ryan's up against Pittsburgh, so I'm probably going to stick with Flacco, as I think he has more weapons and a better shot at some points, despite Revis's return.

Actually, I also have the NYJ defense, so I might try to mitigate the damage by starting them as well. That way any points lost by Flacco balance out with my D. The problem is that if Flacco has a monster game, which admittedly isn't likely, I suffer. Otherwise I'll have to start SD's def against KC, which is quite tempting.

Hmm, I though it was Boldin that was going to be covered by Revis?

Oh I see, you're just planning for Revis to fly all over the field, go from covering Flacco to Boldin on one play, Heap on the next, all while taking Housh and Rice out of the game.... Well, they didn't pay him for no reason...

You see the point? It isn't like teams just put up zeros against the Jets last year. In fact, the Saints, Dolphins (x2), Patriots, Jaguars and Colts all put up over 24 points on the Jets D... Maybe Flacco might not do as well, but with all of the weapons he has, are you really going to sit him for an unproven QB?

As much as I love Stafford, you start the guy you drafted earlier for a reason, until Stafford or Flacco give you a good reason to choose otherwise...

Hmm, I though it was Boldin that was going to be covered by Revis?

Oh I see, you're just planning for Revis to fly all over the field, go from covering Flacco to Boldin on one play, Heap on the next, all while taking Housh and Rice out of the game.... Well, they didn't pay him for no reason...

You see the point? It isn't like teams just put up zeros against the Jets last year. In fact, the Saints, Dolphins (x2), Patriots, Jaguars and Colts all put up over 24 points on the Jets D... Maybe Flacco might not do as well, but with all of the weapons he has, are you really going to sit him for an unproven QB?

As much as I love Stafford, you start the guy you drafted earlier for a reason, until Stafford or Flacco give you a good reason to choose otherwise...

Amen to that.