[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

San Diego Chargers WR's

piratesownninjas

I’m confused about what most think about the starting receivers on the Chargers this season… With Vincent Jackson potentially never wearing a charger uniform again it’s allowed Legedu Naanee to step into a starting spot, yet in pre-season rankings he’s usually in between a dumpster fire and a dog fart (mid 70‘s) with guys that have little to no upside like Justin Gage and somehow behind the no.3 receiver on his own team… One thing is for sure though, with Jackson gone, there is the potential for a breakout WR on this roster. I just don’t see why it has to be Floyd.

In 16 games last year Malcom Floyd managed 45 receptions, 776 yards and 2 touchdowns, but he’s viewed as the go to WR behind Antonio Gates. Looking at what Floyd has done, I just don’t see why it is that he’s the WR to have. Legedu Naanee hasn’t been given the opportunity to play a big role in the offense in his first few years, but every chance he’s gotten he’s performed. His numbers don’t jump out at you, but over the past two years he’s caught 32 of 40 targets. He’s younger than Floyd, and didn’t sit out of OTA’s like Floyd.

After living in Dallas my entire life, and seeing and hearing what Patrick Crayton is all about, I think there is no way barring injury that he gets plugged in as the no.2 WR. Kevin Acee, of The San Diego Union-Tribune has had differing reports, one that Crayton’s arrival will allow Buster Davis to focus on just being a receiver, as Crayton would be a utility guy. A day later he goes onto say that Crayton could challenge for the no2 job once he settles in the offense.

So what’s the deal here? Am I missing something, or are the Chargers opposed to giving Naanee a chance to excel? His targets/receptions ratio is great and he’s physically gifted.

If I’m right, and Crayton is no more than the no.3/slot receiver then Naanee has a lot of upside to him. Just curious to what some of you guys who are more plugged into the Chargers think and why Naanee is either being under valued or not given the chance...

I have a hard time getting excited about Malcolm Floyd. Maybe he turns into the guy there but I like Naanee's prospects more.

So far I've stayed away from that mess until something more concrete shakes out.

This is what sparked my off season interest in Lego Naanee. I've been extremely unimpressed with Floyd, but everytime Naanee has the ball thrown to him, he does something with it. I actually like him more than Floyd based on we've seen what Floyd can do.

Gates #1

with chambers gone last yr and Jacksons problems....Floyd is # 2

Nannee is #3 and might end up with as man points as floyd....

but its also having ryan matthews

if he explodes norv could once have a more balanced team...since LT was on the decline

this means 1. less plays for rivers and 2. more big gains.....and i like nannee for the big receptions

JMO:

Rivers will spread the ball around. Gates is the go-to guy more than ever this year. Mathews and Sproles will get some balls thrown to them out of the backfield. That leaves Floyd and Naanee as the front-runners to get the touches at WR, and their stats will be comparable. Davis and Crayton are not fantasy-relevant unless Floyd or Naanee get injured.

I found this thread very interesting as nobody in my league has messed with the Chargers WR corps.

I drafted Floyd late, and I want to pickup Nannee until I can figure out which will be the bigger man to have. I just can't find anyone to drop to pick him up. I might drop Huggins to do it, although I hate diminishing my depth at RB.