[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jay Cutler or Aaron Rodgers?

troublez

First round, 5th pick, 10 team ppr, 18 rounds. Keeper league

I already had Ray Rice as my keeper and most of the top 10 were gone so Rodgers is almost like my 2nd round pick. huge value at what amounts to be 2.05 pick. Picked cutler up very late.

Of note to you is the bottom line. Why would you draft Rodgers early if you were just going to play matchups with Cutler?

Here are some simple suggestions to help get you the answers you are looking for:

* Include at least the basics about your league’s scoring system, i.e. performance or TD-only, do RB’s & WR’s get points per reception, etc.

* What are the starting lineup requirements and/or options, i.e. do you have multiple "flex" positions to consider, or is a TE required in your league?

* When listing players that you may be deciding between as potential starters for the week, include those players' NFL opponents.

* Provide some of the reasons why you may be leaning towards starting one player over another at a given position, i.e. better match up, possible injury, perceived hot streak, poor weather conditions, etc.

* List all of your options at a given position when asking for advice on starting or benching a given player.

* When asking about possible trades, list the key players on your roster and your proposed trading partner’s roster, along with any roster restrictions and/or requirements. Is it a keeper, dynasty or re-draft league? Are there any special league rules regarding taxi squads, injured reserve lists, etc.

* Looking for help with draft picks? Provide how many teams are in your league, what draft slot you have and if it’s a serpentine draft format, along with most of the other information noted above, such as scoring system and keeper rules (if any), as well as roster/starting lineup requirements.

* Do not post the same question multiple times. If it moves down the first page without responses, just bump it back to the top, if it's a good question, it will get answered.

* Do not post "will answer yours", it's just annoying.

* Some helpful acronyms:

SIMTT = Should I Make This Trade

WDIS = Who Do I Start

ASYS = Always Start Your Studs

ASYS until they (not their matchups) give you a good reason not to.

Of note to you is the bottom line. Why would you draft Rodgers early if you were just going to play matchups with Cutler?

That's the way I was leaning Delusions. BTW if you read my second post you would see that I picked up cutler very late 11th rd so I saw value there and grabbed him. My goal wasn't to play match ups with Rodgers as my number 1 but when you have a match up like the Lions week one I think its OK to take a second look. Make sense?

Edit: and thank you for the response

Edited by troublez

+1

The idea that you even ask this question is amazing.

+100

I read this yesterday and was shaking my head all night. Play Rodgers until his legs fall off. He is one of this years QB's that matchups mean nothing. You drafted him in the 1st for a reason, don't second guess yourself just because you think you got a great value pick with Cutler. Cutler may have some better outings than Rodgers but statistically speaking you'll get burned if you start playing matchups.

Edited by slambo