[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Advice on Free Agent auction bidding

Chadman

Wondering if anyone has any experience in an free agent bidding league with a $100 spending amount per team? I've never been a part of one, and have no clue how things usually shake out. I'd guess people in trouble would bid the whole amount this week for someone like Jackson or Collie, but I really don't know. Our team did really well this week and we don't have any issues right now with good backups all around. While Jackson could certainly be a help, I don't know if we'd play Collie much if at all. Do these leagues pretty much go with the winning bidder throwing out $100 each week until things slow down later, or are people usually more cautious early, waiting for serious issues later? I realize all leagues are different, and I'd rate this league as being about average in fantasy football acumen.

Thanks for any opinions on this.

It's not just that all leagues are different, it;s that all owners are different.

You'll find a mix of those jumping on these week one hot FAs and throwing out a large portion of their FA dollars now, essentially locking them out of any future waiver pickups.

You'll find some that are more conservative and hold on to their money until later on in the season so they can better address more holes as they come up.

If you have no pressing need, but could make use of the guy, throw a mediocre bid on them and hope your leaguemates are snoozing.