[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trying to get another WR1

tallguylehigh

Ok, I am trying to get Roddy White from a guy who I think needs help at RB (Charles, MJD, Portis, F. Jackson) and QB (Farve and V. Young)

I was thinking of putting a package together to try to land him.

I was thinking of offering him

Hillis/Knox or Clayton for White

or

Ryan or Hillis/Knox or Clayton

Do you think I need to add more to sweeten the pot? I know 4 quarters don't equal a dollar, but I am helping him out at a position he is weak in without losing too much performance on the WR

I guess it doesn't hurt to offer Hillis and Knox to him first. If he doesn't take the bait on that one than offer Hillis and Clayton for White. If he's a guy that looks at numbers a lot, he may consider trading because Hillis is having a pretty good year. Otherwise, don't expect him to trade. White has the most targets and the 2nd most receptions in the NFL. You might have to give up Santana Moss in the offer instead of Clayton of Knox if you are really serious for White. But don't let him know that obviously until those other two have been shot down.

Your offering a ton for White, IMHO. I mean, your basically offering 3 #1's for a WR1. Another "be patient" here. Knox is Cutlers favorite and he is getting the looks every week. His only down fall and I see that changing soon is the TD's. Know has the potential to get DJax type numbers but more looks. He had a 60 yard reception that if Cutler had led him better, would have scored giving you the a huge single play number.

White is good, don't get me wrong, but if you were to offer me this trade, I'd take it in a heart beat.

Your offering a ton for White, IMHO. I mean, your basically offering 3 #1's for a WR1. Another "be patient" here. Knox is Cutlers favorite and he is getting the looks every week. His only down fall and I see that changing soon is the TD's. Know has the potential to get DJax type numbers but more looks. He had a 60 yard reception that if Cutler had led him better, would have scored giving you the a huge single play number.

White is good, don't get me wrong, but if you were to offer me this trade, I'd take it in a heart beat.

I think you may have understood, I was thinking of offering Ryan or Hillis + Knox for White.

My concern is that I have a lot of WRs, but very few WR1s. Knox, Clayon, S. Moss are all decent options, but if I could bundle them with an RB that is lost on my roster (I would rather not trade Ryan) I thought I would be better off.

I guess I just have to be patient (not my strong suit :wacko:)

Do you think I need to add more to sweeten the pot? I know 4 quarters don't equal a dollar, but I am helping him out at a position he is weak in without losing too much performance on the WR

If i was offered this trade and saw who else you had on your team I wouldn't be very excited about it and counter for more value. R.White is most likely his best WR and definitely his starter. And your offering him your bench. By all means start with that offer but don't have high hopes unless you mix in some more value. White has the potential to be the #1 FF WR this year. Especially in PPR leagues.

If i was offered this trade and saw who else you had on your team I wouldn't be very excited about it and counter for more value. R.White is most likely his best WR and definitely his starter. And your offering him your bench. By all means start with that offer but don't have high hopes unless you mix in some more value. White has the potential to be the #1 FF WR this year. Especially in PPR leagues.

We don't have a PPR league and he also has R. Wayne.

I think I am going to throw it out there and see what he says...

Yeah if I was the White owner I wouldnt do this trade. White is a top 3 wide reciever and will continue to be. I guess it depends on your opinion of Hillis though. Shoot the offer to him and see what he says.

He'd be crazy to trade White for your combination of waiver-wire pickups. It's your choice to offer him a sack full of crap for arguably his best player, but you risk your reputation in doing so. Personally, I'd be so offended I would probably write you off for the rest of the season as a potential trading partner.

To get top tier players, you have to offer something better than the best of your bench players in return. He's giving up a no-brainer plug and play WR1 every week, he needs to get a similiar quality RB in return. Now, if Best weren't currently injured, and you offered him with Knox/Moss, he might be intrigued. With Best injured, If I were him I'd ask for Foster and a WR in return.

Edited by Tripleshot

I think you may have understood, I was thinking of offering Ryan or Hillis + Knox for White.

My concern is that I have a lot of WRs, but very few WR1s. Knox, Clayon, S. Moss are all decent options, but if I could bundle them with an RB that is lost on my roster (I would rather not trade Ryan) I thought I would be better off.

I guess I just have to be patient (not my strong suit :wacko:)

your better off waiting until after Sunday, wait for White cool down before offering the trade

I guess the chances of pulling this off depend on how many RBs and WRs (flex?) you have to start in this league. I own White in my main league, and I have to say your initial offer would be DOA.

I'd counter you with White for Gore, and then we'd go from there. I just don't see how you'll get close to a trade without something like Marshall and Hillis for White. He'll need a WR back in this trade and nothing on your roster has long-term appeal other than maybe Marshall after last week. It's harder in my mind to figure out what the season-long value is of Knox or Clayton.

In all likelihood, he'll try and trade Wayne before White. My advice would be to sweeten the deal - good luck!