[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does this move leave me too exposed at RB?

SpinalTapp

My starting lineup today

QB Brady

RB1 CJ2K

RB2 RunDMC

WR1 RWayne

WR2 J.Knox or MWallace

Flex JCharles

TE DClark

Bench

RBs RTorain, JRinger

WRs TO, Demaryius Thomas, VJax

QB JCutler

I give j.Cutler + j.Charles+ TO

I get M.Austin + R.Bush+ mcNabb

I would be upgrading at WR2 but losing RB depth and JCs upside. I could just hold what I got and hope that Knox, Wallace, or Thomas emerges a solid WR2. Im also worried that RunDMC could lose his job. What would you do???

Thanks

I would keep what you got man, giving up Cutler could put a hurtin on you and Bush and McNabb are terrible to have. The only thing good about the trade is Miles Austin. I know Thomas is hurt right now, but being honest with you he will come through later on. VJax isn't doing you any good and is actually wasting space on your roster. He will probably sit this whole season and not even play at all. I like your thought process though on Knox and Thomas. Hold on to them man you would be giving up too much for Miles Austin I think, plus the Pats have a bye week coming so if you do trade atleast wait until that is over.

Interesting one at a lot of fronts.

RB: To me this deal boils down to how many chits do you want to put on McFadden. If he stays healthy and you guess right on the WW for security and byes, your team scores more points this year. Can you wait for Reggie and how long will he take to get back. If KC could ever feed JC, my word he'd be huge. I'd almost rather waiton JC's inevitable upside to Run DMC's inevitible hammy pull, but it's gotta kill you when Thomas Jones gets all those carries...

QB: Assuming you start one QB, you don't need Cutler. But you may be selling low. If he keeps this up for 2 or 3 more games, you'll be able to pull a nice WR1 straight up in a mid season trade with a guy 2-5 dying because he drafted Kolb (or Favre).

WR: I think Miles Austin is a yardage machine this year. Average WR1 TDs but big yards each week, and thus a difference maker. I also think TO is on a sharp edge - either he has a strong possession type game soon and finds a role in CIN or he's obviously falling off the fantasy cliff.

All in all a gut deal to me. Shake it up or dont and live with it.

Edited by Butkus

Interesting one at a lot of fronts.

RB: To me this deal boils down to how many chits do you want to put on McFadden. If he stays healthy and you guess right on the WW for security and byes, your team scores more points this year. Can you wait for Reggie and how long will he take to get back. If KC could ever feed JC, my word he'd be huge. I'd almost rather waiton JC's inevitable upside to Run DMC's inevitible hammy pull, but it's gotta kill you when Thomas Jones gets all those carries...

QB: Assuming you start one QB, you don't need Cutler. But you may be selling low. If he keeps this up for 2 or 3 more games, you'll be able to pull a nice WR1 straight up in a mid season trade with a guy 2-5 dying because he drafted Kolb (or Favre).

WR: I think Miles Austin is a yardage machine this year. Average WR1 TDs but big yards each week, and thus a difference maker. I also think TO is on a sharp edge - either he has a strong possession type game soon and finds a role in CIN or he's obviously falling off the fantasy cliff.

All in all a gut deal to me. Shake it up or dont and live with it.

The above pretty well sums up my thoughts on this deal as well. If you think KCC will continue to not properly use Charles all year, the deal makes sense ... if you think the light bulb will go on in KCC soon as regards getting Charles 18+ touches per game, then likely better to stand pat. Personally, I don't see TO making a real fantasy difference in more than a couple of games this year but at the same time, I'd not want to have all my RB2 eggs in the McFadden basket.

Calling this a "go with your gut feeling" trade seems pretty accurate.

Edited by ts

The above pretty well sums up my thoughts on this deal as well. If you think KCC will continue to not properly use Charles all year, the deal makes sense ... if you think the light bulb will go on in KCC soon as regards getting Charles 18+ touches per game, then likely better to stand pat. Personally, I don't see TO making a real fantasy difference in more than a couple of games this year but at the same time, I'd not want to have all my RB2 eggs in the McFadden basket.

Calling this a "go with your gut feeling" trade seems pretty accurate.

Thanks to you all for the advice. I am going to sit on this deal until at least next week. Our trade deadline is Oct 31. So, I can afford to wait and see what happens with these players. Of course, I am hoping Torain emerges, JC gets the rock more, Cutler does turn into Cutler, and RunDMC does not turn back into RunDMC.

Here's hoping.