[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade my (Foster+BJGE+Smith-NYG) for his (Turner+Romo+Jackson)?

TopGun

Trade my (Foster+BJGE+Smith-NYG) for his (Turner+Romo+D. Jackson)? OMG guys, do I do this?

My Team...(non ppr, 10 team league, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF)

QB: Vick, Matt Cassel

RB: AP, Foster, Best, BJGE, Forsette

WR: Wayne, Smith (NYG), Colston, D. Bryant, K. Walter

TE: Finley

K: M. Bryant

DEF: SDC

I really like Foster a lot...but Turner is maybe 1 tier below imho. Vick is hurt and Romo can fill in nicely until he gets back at which point I can switch between juicy match-ups. My RB bye weeks would be covered better. D. Jackson is somewhat inconsistent, but has a lot higher upside/big play potential. I do already have AP too...I'm not really finding a reason not to pull the trigger. It would suck to lose out on a potentially better than an AP or CJ2K RB, but it would really shore up my team's shortcomings. Is that worth enough?

What do we think people?

Thanks,

-TG

Edited by TopGun

Can you explain your choice too please? Yes or no doesn't really help that much.

Other things to consider are that Snelling is eating some of Turner's touches, and NYG have a soft schedule vs. pass the rest of the way.

Edited by TopGun

I would do it if I were you.

It greatly improves your QB and WR position while marinally hurting your RB spot. Since this is a non- PPR, it doesn't hurt as much as it would in a PPR.

As with every trade, it depends on your evaluation of the players involved. I am not as high on Foster as some others.

Good luck!

I would do it if I were you.

It greatly improves your QB and WR position while marinally hurting your RB spot. Since this is a non- PPR, it doesn't hurt as much as it would in a PPR.

As with every trade, it depends on your evaluation of the players involved. I am not as high on Foster as some others.

Good luck!

I would say it slightly improves my WR position, greatly improves my QB situation...not necessarily QB position, and not marginally, but majorly hurting my RB spot.

I think it is a fairly even to slight upgrade to WR now, and a slight to major upgrade after Vick gets back.

It doesn't really matter too much who is better between Vick and Romo. I'll mostly be playing matchups...I like Vick better in general, but I'm sure there will be some weeks where I'll play Romo over him. So, it's not really upgrading over Vick so much as it's I have no QB right now while Vick is hurt, and Romo is a lot better than most WW QBs I'd be using to fill in for 2?-4?-5? weeks while Vick heals.

After the trade, I would have AP (already had his bye), Turner, and Best...and probably picking up Torain and/or Lynch off the WW in place of Forsett. Even without the WW pickup, I would not call that leaving myself dangerously thin at RB. I like BJGE, but I can't really see myself ever playing him over one of my top 3 RBs (unless I don't do the trade, then he'd have to fill in for Foster/Best bye week 7) I do think that I am significantly downgrading my RB position though.

So this basically boils down to Foster for Turner (+2 advantage him imho), Smith (NYG) for D. Jackson (+1 advantage me imho), BJGE for Romo (+1 advantage me imho). Or major downgrade in RBs for a slight advantage in WR + filling in a team need in a good QB while Vick is hurt.

So, to me...it's very close. Is the slight upgrade to my WR and a better QB situation worth the significant downgrade at RB?

I personally think your WR's are fine as is. Foster appears to be having a tremendous season, if he continues on this pace, who knows if he'll have another one just like it? i say dont do the trade, but im a big believer in Arian Foster, and I think your WR's are solid as is. Desean, to me, is a SLIGHT upgrade over steve smith, but nothing crazy. Turner is TOO injury prone for me, and he's always getting snelling'd. In a 10 team league there is sure to be other ways to get a fill in QB besides a blockbuster trade like that.

I would not do this trade.......in a ten team league there has to be available QB's that you can committee through the rest of the year based on matchups. Bradford, Henne, Gradkowski and even Fitzpatrick this week are all examples of QB's that can get you through. Romo is not a sure thing.......by the way, I own Romo in two leagues.....played Henne last week and was very happy with the results. I also own Foster. You are not upgrading your WR enough to justify this deal, especially with Vick's injury history. .Roddy White is the only WR that would make me give up Foster. You like Foster.....I am assuming if you drafted him you look like a genius so he makes you look good from the draft...enjoy the ride.

Edited by Coyote

I cringe at these big swaps, they can torpedo your season in a blink, especially when you're giving up a beast RB like Foster. I'd rather stay put and patch together weekly QB stats with pickups like Shaun Hill, even Fitzpatrick against the lowly Jags this week.