[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Schaub for Ray Rice; should I take it?

injendsm

I offered the guy Schaub for Foster and he countered with Ray Rice instead. While RR hasn't done anything this year, part of me thinks it's not a slump and he'll turn it around soon enough. However, given that his value is pretty low right now & given the question marks surrounding him so far, I'm wondering if I should take the current deal or counter and try to get someone else in addition to RR. My team is in my sig; I have Orton and Freeman as my other QB's & I started Orton instead of Schaub yesterday.

The other team:

QB-McNabb, Vick, Henne (Vick is injured & Henne is on a bye next week which helps my case for the trade since there isn't a good WW QB)

RB-Foster, Rice, LT, Hillis, Thomas, Jennings, Darby, Kuhn

WR-White, Marshall, Welker, Moss

I'm set at the other positions so the aforementioned three are the only ones of interest to me. Perhaps I could counter with Schaub/Steve Smith (NYG) for Rice/Welker?

Edited by injendsm

I would do the Rice deal straight up if he's willing. Rice will come around. I wish I had started Orton in place of Schaub like you on Sunday. I think Texas is more committed to the run this year and with AJ dealing w/ injury that may linger could be a good time to dump Schaub. I would also do your counter offer that inclues Welker, though if he agrees he's an idiot.

pls see mine.

I would do the Rice deal straight up if he's willing. Rice will come around. I wish I had started Orton in place of Schaub like you on Sunday. I think Texas is more committed to the run this year and with AJ dealing w/ injury that may linger could be a good time to dump Schaub. I would also do your counter offer that inclues Welker, though if he agrees he's an idiot.

pls see mine.

Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I was thinking. Rice hasn't shown much yet, but neither has Schaub. Rice's remaining schedule is definitely one he could turn things around in & Foster is scaring me away from holding onto Schaub. Anyone think I shouldn't?

I really like Schaub. Depending on the scoring system in the league, I'd sure try to keep him.

I always like to have a good QB.

Thanks for the reply.

1 pt per completion, 1 pt per 25 yards, 6 pt td, -2 pt int for QB;s.

1 pt per carry/catch, 1 pt per 10 yards, 6 pt td for RB's/WR's.

I'll be starting Ryan and Orton if I let Schaub go. Freeman would be my backup but I'm trying to work another deal that would get me Big Ben just in case Orton doesn't continue playing at his current pace.