[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is wrong with my team?

injendsm

I just had my 3rd straight loss of the season this weekend, putting my record at 2-4. I've got the second highest scoring team in the league with an average of 275 points per game while the winners of most games usually have around 250 or 260. The thing that kills me is my team has the 2nd most points against. It seems like every team has their best week against me. Hell, in my first win in week 2, my team put up 334 and my opponent put up 294 (his highest total until week 6). Then the team that started me off on my 3 game skid puts up 260 against me, only to follow it up with two sub-205 point games.

I keep thinking that something has to give and the fact that my team puts up so many points has to work out in my favor eventually but after yet another close loss, I'm beginning to lose hope. If the last place team's win holds through Monday night, I'll be part of a 4 way tie for 5th place but technically in 5th because of my overall points. I realize it's early & I'm only a game out of 3rd place, but the 3 game losing streak is making me wonder just how good my chances of winning are. Keep in mind, I just received Rice in a trade recently & this week was his first start for me. I also had Finley as my TE until last week.

Do I need to make some moves or have I just been getting screwed over too often?

Edited by injendsm

i don't think you're getting "screwed over" - that's just the nature of the game. i've got a 2-3 redraft team who has the highest points for and against. nothing i can do about it except to make sure that i'm active on the WW, make trades which are beneficial, and submit the best lineup each week.

remember: fantasy football is 95% luck and 5% luck.

Like Lucky said, you can just get so unlucky. My team is 2-4 also, with the 2nd highest points scored against, on a four game losing streak and I have the 3rd most points. 3 weeks in a row I have faced the highest point producers. Also alot of my players drafted early have struggled like d. williams, greene, r.moss (2nd round pick), colston. In my league the guy in 2nd has the 2nd least points is 5-1 and like every week somehow he plays the team with the lowest points total, so he has so many less points against than everyone else. The only person with less points has the most against so he is getting crushed.

Feels good to vent!

Edited by kevinkris

Last year in one league I scored the most points in the league, had the highest points against and finished 4-10. It is just the luck of the draw when you play head-to-head. I am always pimping total points or all-play in my leagues, but no one wants to make the change.

Nature of the beast.....

I think I might have found your problem:

8 Team

Nah, seriously though, it looks like you drafted well, and probably made some nice WW moves to end up with Collie and Hernandez... But especially with 8 teams where everyone has a roster loaded with studs, you are definitely suceptible to some tough losses, even if your guys have solid outings, but such is fantasy football...

I don't know that there's a league out there where there aren't some really good owners with really lousy records right now. But the cream tends to rise to the top, so hang in there.

I think I might have found your problem:

8 Team

Nah, seriously though, it looks like you drafted well, and probably made some nice WW moves to end up with Collie and Hernandez... But especially with 8 teams where everyone has a roster loaded with studs, you are definitely suceptible to some tough losses, even if your guys have solid outings, but such is fantasy football...

I don't know that there's a league out there where there aren't some really good owners with really lousy records right now. But the cream tends to rise to the top, so hang in there.

LOL, this is true. I was honestly hoping we would have gotten 10 people this year but a couple guys bailed the week before the draft. Using nearly the same draft strategy in my friends & family league as I did for this league, my team's 5-1 (6-0 if MJD goes nuts tonight) with the most overall points. I'd rather have that record in the money league but such is life; and fantasy football. I sure as hell hope you're right about the cream rising to the top. I just hope it happens before too late. Depending on what happens in tonight's game, I'm going to end up just a game out of 3rd or 4th place and, with 8 weeks left, anything can happen.

Nature of the game. I have the 2nd worst team on paper, but I am currently 4-1 (possible 5-1 after tonight's game). I shouldn't be scoring 100+ points a week (the highest in our league has been 126 so far...scoring differences), but I do. Teams with the best line-ups in the world have their worst week against me. I was in your position last year. Now the tables are turned.