[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crazy Trade Scenario?

Krans

So one owner in my league is super weak at RB and super strong at WR. He drafted that way and has sort of been handicapped by it throughout the season. My team is pretty balanced right now.

He's been trying to get Ryan Torrain for a few weeks now, sent a few different offers. He obviously needs help at RB. He offered Steve Johnson for Torrain but I declined. It doesn't make sense for me when I'm not too strong at RB myself (Moreno and Forte are kinda risky still).

So I was thinking what if I offer Torrain for both Calvin Johnson and Greg Jennings, and maybe package in Tony G from my side. It makes him better because he has a ridiculous amount of receivers and will still be strong there while gaining a #1 RB. For me I'd have too many WRs but maybe could package them to pick up a back from someone else. Then again I might just screw myself over. I think it'd be great value but would take a lot of things falling together to work, thoughts?

My Team:

QB Jon Kitna

RB Adrian Peterson, Min RB

RB Ryan Torain, Was RB

RB/WR Knowshon Moreno, Den RB

WR Dwayne Bowe, KC WR

WR Brandon Lloyd, Den WR

TE Jason Witten, Dal TE

DP Jerod Mayo, NE LB

DP LaRon Landry, Was S

D/ST Rams D/ST, StL D/ST

K Ryan Succop, KC K

BENCH Matt Ryan, Atl QB, Michael Crabtree, SF WR, Marques Colston, NO, Tony Gonzalez, Atl TE, Matt Forte, Chi RB, Santonio Holmes, NYJ WR, Jay Cutler, Chi QB

His Team:

QB Schaub

RB Justin Forsett

RB Danny Woodhead

RB/WR Calvin Johnson

WR Pierre Garcon

WR Kenny Britt

TE Mercedes Lewis

DEF Titans

K Sebastian Janikowski

Bench Randy Moss, Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace, Steve Johnson, Jabar Gaffney, Brent Celek, Clinton Portis

He'd consider it because he gains more overall from the trade. Right now his RBs are producing horribly, by far in the bottom of our league, by upgrading he gets a huge points boost there while he doesn't receive a huge dropoff at WR.

even with his great need at RB, If he were to only offer up calvin johnson he could get a lot better than torrain. I am a Redskins fan but there are still tons of questions around this guy. Not to mention he will be facing philly, ten, min, nyg after the bye.

He offered you steve johnson for torrain, what makes you think he will give you his best receiver (stud) when he offered you his worst? middle gorund might be someone like wallace, possibly jennings.