[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cooley or Jacob Tamme?

SNOWBOUND33

I am starting Tamme. any player catching balls from manning is gold.I have seen enough in preseason to know that tamme is no Clark but he can run routes like a wr and already has a good raport with Manning. Just look at the players year in and year out Manning has made stars of. do you think that every one of these wr's have pure amazing talant ? No.. they are put in a position of power the second they have a starting role only because of manning. ride the tide with Tamme. If you all need too see it too belive it then leave him on the bench with a bunch of points.

Cooley for sure.!

cooley is definitely the safer option. i lost clark for the season and had hernandez as my back up until i mucked up and dropped him unintentionally (don't ask). tight ends started deep this year, but now they're dropping like crazy and waiver pickings are slim.

i had ben watson and that was a joke. once i got wind of clarke's replacement, i snagged him immediately for all the reasons mentioned above.

so congrats to you for picking up tamme. . .i think his upside is TREMENDOUS. that said, it all comes down to you and whether or not you're willing to go with mcnabb's safety valve or take a chance benching this guy when he breaks out. personally, if you're in a position where you need points, you sometimes have to take a leap of faith and go against the safer option.

reasons (some of which already mentioned) i think tamme garners more favor over cooley:

as seen already, defenses that have been traditionally weak, are stepping up. the lions have improved in several areas this year, and the defense is one of them.

the colts have so many plays in the book that called for clarke's involvement. do you think they're gonna toss them out, especially with a pass catching te readily available?

houston's defense is definitely the weaker d in my book for tight ends. especially since detroit has more film on cooley than houston has on tamme. cooley will see more coverage given his importance in the offense and mcnabb's tendency/predisposition toward him.

or i could be totally wrong on all accounts.

i'm starting tamme with confidence this week. of course i really don't have an option like cooley on my bench, so my decision is easier than yours. but if i did, i would still find tamme both an intriguing and compelling play during monday night football.

your mileage may vary. i'll stop back here regardless of the outcome. . .

Cooley. I've picked up Tamme in two leagues, starting him in one because Heap is on bye and not much better on the WW so I'll take a chance. In the other league that I took him I'm starting Pettigrew.

Edited by slambo

One thing notorious about Manning is he gets new receivers into the action fairly quickly. They have 2, really with Gonzo and Tamme. I picked up both but I think Tamme has the bigger game. Wayne and Garcon will get theirs but Tamme will be Mannings pet project this week. Houston is also failry week against the TE (WR's as well) so I suspect Tamme gets targeted at least 10 times.

I'm actually considering starting Tamme of Davis this week.

Original poster, obviously Cooley was a poor choice, I started him and suffered.

Did you put Tamme in for Davis?

I am looking for 10 pts in my PPR league and seriously considering Tamme over Daniels. TE has been an adventure this year since I lost Finley.

well, i certainly hope you started him. this kid is good, and manning is even better for trusting the guy after dropping the first passing play.

between this kid and blount, solid mid season pickups that appear to be immediate difference makers.

started both this week and it's obviously paying off in dividends. . .