[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who wins this trade?

MTSuper7

League details in my sig...

I give up Matt Schaub and Pierre Thomas

I receive Kyle Orton and Fred Jackson

I am 4-4 and looking for immediate help. Guy I'm trading with is 6-2 and looking to upgrade at RB for the playoffs. Should I hold out hope that PT can come back and produce like he did pre-injury, or should I take what I can get now (I like Orton more than Schaub anyway, so this is definitely helpful for me the next two weeks, but then what?).

I think I would do it... not the greatest trade, but like you.. I agree with Orton over Shaub... I think both Jackson and PT are w/e... Prob more of a RBBC when he comes back.. I go with some maybe upside in Jackson an d hope he turns it loose for the rest of the year or sum..

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=339562

It's one of those trade were it's not really bad for either of you. Orton has been the more consistant of the two. Like you, I have also held on to Pierre Thomas for quite sometime now, he was my second round draft pick. I offered up a sleuth of trades last week for him and got zero bites to my surprise. Such as Deion Branch and Pierre Thomas for Moreno, or straight up for Steve Smith (Carolina), Larry Fitzgerald(Max Hall ?), even Jonathan Stewart (Glad that one didn't go through!). see if he'll go straight up QB for QB ?

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=339499

Tough call. I'm not wild about the trade, but you are getting an upgrade at QB (based on stats to date). I'm not at all wild about F Jackson, but then you're giving up Thomas in a pass happy offense with several RBs in the RB carousel.

Hmmm.. I'm slightly leaning towards doing it as you have Blount, Torain and Forte (along with Jackson) to rely on.

I think you have enough depth at RB to be able to pull it off, especially considering best case scenario PT comes back slowly and probably shares time with Bush. Lots of RB's to share time with though, and you've got to like Orton over Schaub the rest of the way out. I'd lean towards taking it in your situation especially. Can't afford to drop many more games waiting for PT to get up to 100%.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I pulled the trigger. Seems like just enough bad juju going on with PT that I'd rather get something for him than nothing. Maybe he comes back 100% in a few weeks, but maybe not. And Schaub scares the hell out of me. He could go off for 350 and 3 one week, then put up 160 and an INT the next. At least I feel like Orton is almost a lock for 250 yards and 1 TD weekly with upside. Fred Jackson isn't anything special, but he has a nice schedule the next few weeks to help me for a playoff push. As is the case with all trades, we'll see what happens.