[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Breeder's Cup

HowboutthemCowboys

I've been out of the loop pretty much since the Triple Crown. Have'nt had time to follow racing and probably won't be betting on the Breeder's Cup this year. :wacko:

I wil however be tuned in to the Classic and pulling hard for Zenyatta. 19 races- 19 wins. I bet Gio Ponti pretty hard last year and pissed when Zenyatta went by in the stretch ( like she always does) but I've followed her closely since. What a character this horse is, the way she plays to the crowd before and after her races is amazing. And I've always been a sucker for closers, I love to watch them sweep on by in the stretch.

Anyway if any of you are bored tune in saturday evening and check her out. Supposedly she's retiring after saturday.

I hope she kills 'em. :tup:

11th (6:45)

Breeders' Cup Classic (G1)

1 1/4 Miles | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $5,000,000

Prg. # PP Horse Jockey Trainer Wt. Claim $ Equip. Med. ML

1 1 Quality Road Velazquez J R Pletcher Todd A 126 LA 5-1

2 2 Paddy O'Prado Desormeaux K J Romans Dale 122 LA 15-1

3 3 Haynesfield Dominguez R A Asmussen Steven M 126 LA 12-1

4 4 First Dude Albarado R J Romans Dale 122 LA 15-1

5 5 Blame Gomez G K Stall Albert M Jr 126 LA 9-2

6 6 Fly Down Leparoux J R Zito Nicholas P 122 LA 15-1

7 7 Musket Man Maragh R Ryan Derek S 126 LA 20-1

8 8 Zenyatta Smith M E Shirreffs John 123 LA 8-5

9 9 Pleasant Prince Rosario J Ward Wesley A 122 L 30-1

10 10 Etched Garcia Alan McLaughlin Kiaran P 126 LA 30-1

11 11 Espoir City (JPN) Sato T Adachi Akio 126 20-1

12 12 Lookin At Lucky Garcia M Baffert Bob 122 LA 6-1

Not advisable to play unless you've got some loose change laying around.

R6: 11 - More Than Real 10/1

R7: 11 - Jessica Is Back 12/1

R8: 6 - Joyful Victory 15/1

R9: 4 - Keertana 30/1

R10: 9 - Acoma 20/1

For best results, play Win/Place/Show and pray to get lucky.

It's one of the only times a year you can get double digit odds on a very fine athlete who may simply be over looked.

In the 4th, I also like Typhoon Slew.

In the 6th, I also like Central City.

Can't find a strong play in the 7th against the top two, so will take a real swag on the 10, Jaycito.

In the 8th, I think Beethoven is worth a play, as is Proviso, but Goldikova is a beast.

In the 9th, a lot of head scratching going on about Aikenite, a very good horse, with a very good trainer, and a very juicy 50/1 ML.

The 10th has always been a Euro-fest, not much value there. I love Winchester, but he's probably over his head. I will be playing WPS on Winchester AND Debussy.

The Classic still requires some time...

Typhoon Slew scratched.

Classic is a play against Zenyatta in my books. The service I use really doesn't consider her a factor in this one. I think Quality Road and Blame are very solid horses that deserve strong attention. My longer shot is Haynesfield in this one. Spreading deeper would look to Fly Down to come crashing late and the 11 could be any kind so I have to account for him.

Seperate ticket includes Lookin At Lucky singled around the above only because he was very good to me in the Preakness.

ETA: As I was driving to the OTB, I was thinking about the original post. I am not about ready to NOT play some real crazy gimmicks in the exotics with Zenyatta singled up top. I covered her and hope to get a good return. 20 for 20 would be a great story.

Edited by gilthorp