[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shorthanded Dolphins?

caddyman

Sure am getting tired of hearing this. You would think they are the only team in the league with injuries. The Colts and even the Steelers have had just as many issues and no one is excusing their losses because they were shorthanded.

Don't forget GB, who lost RB1 & an uber-studly TE1 for the season as well as starting D players, and now has WR1A hurting also.

But MIA doesn't have the depth those other teams do and it really shows.

I mean we're just playing with a third string quarterback, banged up super stud offensive linemen, and our newly signed super stud WR is probably out a few weeks.

How did the Steelers do with the 4TH STRING QB? Without their best defensive lineman? Without half of their offensive line? Theyt were almost down to a tightend playing tackle. They did fine and we did not have to hear them whine.

How did the Steelers do with the 4TH STRING QB? Without their best defensive lineman? Without half of their offensive line? Theyt were almost down to a tightend playing tackle. They did fine and we did not have to hear them whine.

I think Miami is looking for a pass because they had 48 hours to get Thigpen ready, and then they lose their center to boot. Pittsburgh knew about Ben's status during the offseason and prepared accordingly.

with 10 days to prepare for the next game, Thiggy and the crew will be much better and I agree, no more excuses.

I mean we're just playing with a third string quarterback, banged up super stud offensive linemen, and our newly signed super stud WR is probably out a few weeks.

The 3rd sting argument is pure BS. There's absolutely no reason Pennington should ever have been considered the backup QB. The FO knew Pat White wasn't the right guy to backup Henne and that's why they brought Thigpen in. Penny was just supposed to be there to mentor Henne; that's why he had a clause in his contract (according to CBS announcers) that forced the Dolphins to pay him $200k if he was on the field for even one play in a game. Regardless, the issues the Dolphins have are the fault, mostly, of the coaching staff.

Henning's game plan is mind boggling. I'm not sure he even makes a plan. I think he just goes with the names of plays that he thinks sound nice. Nolan hasn't created the dominant defense most fans were expecting when he came in and I've given up hope on Sparano as the next good Dolphins coach. The FO just needs to wipe the slate clean after the season and bring in some solid options for the coaching staff who aren't affiliated with the Cowboys in any way.

Edited by injendsm

As a long time Dolphins fan let me let you in on a secret. Nobody who's a fan is blaming last night on being short handed. Last night is just another stamp on a failed regime who has made horrible decisions in the draft, FA, coaching..... just about everything. Yeah, were banged up and yeah our depth is a joke but most if not all of the talk around the several Dolphins message boards I read today dealt with the horrible game plan by Dan Henning and his joke of an offensive scheme.

Nobody is looking for an excuse or a pass for the loss.

Depends on when you grew up. If you grew up in 1968-1972, then your house was crazy. After that, both of those teams were irrelavant.

born in 73. he's 3 years younger. It's always been a rivalry. I brought him to the Monday Night Miracle when I used to be a season ticket holder. That was fun!