[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Key free agent acquisitions

Grits and Shins

What key free agent acquisitions have you made this year? I've made a few but got off to such a bad start that it probably won't matter.

Week 2 I picked up Mark Clayton

Week 5 I picked up BGE

Week 5 I picked up Torain

Week 6 I picked up Steve Johnson

Week 8 I picked up Ryan Fitzpatrick

Week 8 I picked up Jacob Tamme

I do a lot of WW movement. I'm very big on matchups. So some of these players I don't have anymore but they were good acquistions at the time and some still are. I also had Brandon Lloyd, Steve Johnson, Matt Cassel and Fred Jackson but let them go before they reached there potential.

Picked up Week 6 Nate Burelson 9 Fantasy Points

Picked up Week 7 Olindo Mare 18 Fantasy Points

Picked up Week 7 Matthew Stafford Acquired but didn't not play that week

Week 8 Matthew Stafford 23 Fantasy Points

Picked up Week 8 LeGarrette Blount 22 Fantasy Points

Picked up Week 8 Jacob Tamme Acquired but did not play that week

Week 9 Jacob Tamme 16 Fantasy Points

Picked up Week 10 Mike Thomas 21 Fantasy Points

Picked up Week 10 Shaun Hill Acuired but did not play that week

Week 11 Shaun Hill 14 Fantasy Points

Hillis, Steve Johnson, Pettigrew and Shawn Hill have made contributions in spot starts, depth and/or trade material on my team. I really picked up some of the right guys this year.

I also drafted Stafford, dropped him when he was injured, picked him back up and got a couple good games, dropped him again to get Hill.

Hillis turned into a big trade to get Brees, as so many of those times I was still starting Charles anyway (Foster is my other RB, can only start 2). With Brees' performance yesterday that's looking pretty good as well.

Now if only I could pick the right times to actually start Johnson and Pettigrew (like yesterday, when I had them both benched; Wallace and Wayne were ultimately fine; Vernon Davis, not so much). :wacko:

In one league I managed to pick up Steve Johnson, Fitzpatrick, and Tamme, as well as Brandon Jackson who covered me for bye weeks in weeks 9 & 10. That brought me up from the cellar to mediocrity, but I am a helluva lot more competitive than I was before those guys.

In another I managed to pick up Ajirotutu for a spot start that worked out well.

In a third league, the Torain train was nice while it lasted. I also picked up Bradford to take over at QB and have cut Favre and Henne from that team. Also got a nice spot start out of Winslow 2 weeks ago.