[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Football Trophy or Award?

VictorFan

In our Big Money League, we do a low man of the week in which the low scorer of the week owes $10. All of the lowman money goes towards a Championship Ring...we get ours through Jostens.com...it's the same company that makes class rings...real nice Fantasy Football Rings and they are huge, just like a real Superbowl Ring...you can also get QZ or real Diamonds if you really wanted to but it costs more...

We have a sterling silver trophy urn with the league champion engraved on a removeable plate on the wooden base. That's for my office league. For my Runner's World Forum league I had one of my running shoes bronzed and mounted on a rod supported by a small granite base. The league champions are listed on a metal plate that's glued to the stone. This trophy is very cool.

In our Big Money League, we do a low man of the week in which the low scorer of the week owes $10. All of the lowman money goes towards a Championship Ring...we get ours through Jostens.com...it's the same company that makes class rings...real nice Fantasy Football Rings and they are huge, just like a real Superbowl Ring...you can also get QZ or real Diamonds if you really wanted to but it costs more...

That's really kewl. I wish I could get our leagues to do something like that. I'm not into the trophy because you don't want to lug that around, but a ring lets everyone know you're the champ no matter where you are. :wacko:

Our League has a trophy we pass along each year called "the Braggarts Cup", a name we grabbed from a Bill Murray show where he and his brothers golfed each week. Winner gets his name added to the side. We also have this old Liquor dispenser of a boy Cherub peeing (thats where the booze comes out). For the "Sacko"-type trophy, we tossed a plate on it and titled it "The Otter Trophy" in honor of a team in out league, The Really Big Otters, who were horrible for years.

• 2 weeks later...
Our League has a trophy we pass along each year called "the Braggarts Cup", a name we grabbed from a Bill Murray show where he and his brothers golfed each week. Winner gets his name added to the side. We also have this old Liquor dispenser of a boy Cherub peeing (thats where the booze comes out). For the "Sacko"-type trophy, we tossed a plate on it and titled it "The Otter Trophy" in honor of a team in out league, The Really Big Otters, who were horrible for years.

I do like the ring idea...intrigues me a bit but I think we also need a trophy. Ok league...time to start ponying up :wacko: