[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Illinois Public schools

redrumjuice

First, you are only bolstering my argument about how piss poor of a job teachers do at educating our children

Second, nationally, I am much higher than the top 5%.

Third, I'll challenge you to a spelling contest any day of the week.

Fourth, the exams I am referencing are taken by K-12 students.

Fifth, you find a kid with "average" grades and test scores from HS entering the top colleges I'll let you use a dictionary in our spelling contest.

Sixth, ask a partner at one of the major consulting firms if grades don't make a difference with regard to who they hire.

Seventh, if as an educator you don't realize serious issues exist with regard to math, science and reading comprehension skills, you are a bigger part of the problem than I imagined.

:wacko:

every educators realizes the problems... and the good ones work to fix them, the other people just whine about how they should have gotten a teaching job so they could have the summers off.

:tup: I didn't realize i was writing for a grade here. isn't this a web site chat room?

every educators realizes the problems... and the good ones work to fix them, the other people just whine about how they should have gotten a teaching job so they could have the summers off.

:tup: I didn't realize i was writing for a grade here. isn't this a web site chat room?

I hate to say this, but,

+1.

Sorry, I guess I've always subscribed to the idea that if one is going to make wise ass remarks about another's lack of intellect that it os best to do so in an error free and coherent manner.

I've always been intrigued by very similar comments by my friends who teach. "Yes we realize that there are problems with education... Standardized tests don't mean anything, our kids know the basic skills". Well, the tests say other wise and if you aren't basing the opinion that there are problems on the test results on what are you basing this opinion?

Sorry, I guess I've always subscribed to the idea that if one is going to make wise ass remarks about another's lack of intellect that it os best to do so in an error free and coherent manner.

I've always been intrigued by very similar comments by my friends who teach. "Yes we realize that there are problems with education... Standardized tests don't mean anything, our kids know the basic skills". Well, the tests say other wise and if you aren't basing the opinion that there are problems on the test results on what are you basing this opinion?

Is there any way that you can separate the personal attacks on teachers from the overall problems that our educational system has?

Starting with administrators, poor curriculum writing, erroneous/politically motivated textbooks, politically motivated unions (that are pretty much compulsory to belong to if you want to be a teacher in most states) and detachment/lack of involvement by parents?

teachers are just one piece of a much much larger puzzle that is our educational system, and it looks very petty and juvenile to single them out (or Yukon personally) instead of looking at the entire system as a whole and what needs to be addressed to fix the situation instead of pointing fingers.