[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Super Bowl Opponent Crapped Out

The Grey Pilgrim

My Super Bowl opponent laid a giant egg in the big game, handing me one of the easiest SB victories I can remember. He started out 3-5 on the season, won 7 in a row to make it to the SB, beating the best team in the league in the semi-finals, and then crapped out at the end against my team. The score going into tonight's game is 133-42. He still has Vick left and I have Celek, plus a 91 point lead. Every other team in the league outscored him this week.

Here is his lineup and each player's score (I am rounding a bit too).

Vick - ?

M Turner - 4

J. Snelling - 4

Welker - 5

Larry Fitz - 4

Steve Johnson - 11

V. Davis - 10

Matt Bryant - 2

Titans Def - 2

He did lose Austin Collie the last week, I think it was his first foray into "the big game". I felt bad for him, but I will happily cash the winner's share of the check. It's not a big league (sorry Muto), only a $75 entry. My share will be $380.

I'm going to be the 'crap out' guy in one of my leagues. i'm up 23, but Kitna going down mid game, and Colston's near no-show last night (started him in place of the injured AJ) will likely cost me the win. He has AP and DeShaun Jackson left. Might have had a prayer if the game was played Sunday as scheduled.

Note: If Philly fans aren't pussilies, the NFL sure must perceive them to be! :wacko:

I had the most points in that league by a mile, and had won it 3 of 4 years in. Doesn't look like those things will continue at this point. Off to write the congratulatory email right now....

Oh...almost forgot...I have the Eagles D going, but the scoring is very limited on that side. Will need more than a handful of sacks (with all due respect to Rex Ryan's wife, not that kind) and maybe a Def TD.

Edited by CowboysDiehard

Hope he's not complaining. a 7 game winning streak is incredibly lucky. Same sorta thing happened to me; I went like 8-1 after being 3-4, but lost in the semis. Injuries and disappearing acts ultimately did me in, even though I somehow survived my first playoff game the weekend Rodgers went down.

I had my share of good luck in this league too. I was 2nd seed of 6 teams that made the playoffs, so I had a 1st round bye. Then I was matched up to the team that had Aaron Rodgers in the semi-finals. The game was close, and the addition of Rodgers would have likely put my opponent over the top, meaning no Super Bowl game for me.

Overall, I gotta thank my lucky stars in that league. But when you play several leagues each year, and play for so many years, you get your share of bad luck and good luck. It generally evens out over the long haul.