[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

20% Unemployment

i_am_the_swammi

Dude, I was quoting your OP.

This one?

A recent report from the Keystone Research Center estimates that Philadelphia's unemployment rate would have shot to 20 percent without the stimulus. Instead, the rate at the end of October was 11.5 percent. "It would have gotten a lot worse without it. That's really not controversial among economists," said Stephen Herzenberg, an economist with the Keystone Research Center.

"It is helpful just to remind people that if we do nothing more in Washington and Harrisburg on the jobs front, while the Recovery Act money goes away, then we are running the risk of the economy stalling again," Herzenberg said. "We need to have a pragmatic conversation about how to strengthen the economy."

This one shrubwhacker, you dumbass. Hint - you didn't make the ORIGINAL post. Of course, with your level of intelligence I'm probably still wasting my time, but... 2nd paragraph, first sentence (if you count the elipsis as a conjunction).

...or so it would have been in Philly had the stimulus funds not been deployed. This from the right-wing rag in the city, quoting the Keystone Research Center.

Lots of worries about what happens in 2012 now that those funds have dried up....many, and I tend to agree, believe it those funds may have just delayed the inevitable. The hope was that the economy would have recovered sufficiently to carry itself once the stim funds dried up...doesn't appear thats going to be the case. Factor in the banking issues that still need to be resolved in the coming year or two, and we have some major hurdles ahead of us.

Not a pretty picture here, and likely elsewhere, heading into the new year:

This one shrubwhacker, you dumbass. Hint - you didn't make the ORIGINAL post. .Of course, with your level of intelligence I'm probably still wasting my time

Calm down temper tantrum Tammy. :tup:

I thought OP meant Opinion Piece, to which is what I copied and pasted....to which was in the Original Post anyways. To which had a lot of info you are going to selectively ignore, to which was my point.

Remember yer post from earlier today?

But it's far easier to throw verbal hand grenades than to reasearch and LEARN something, huh?

You should go back and read yerself sometime. :wacko:

Edited by bushwacked