[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone here have RLS?

cliaz

well, I am not sure what she is taking. I know it helps her sleep but it may because it treats the problem as a whole. I know she had a very bad case and is managing it now. i will check with her but it will be a bit as she is in the hospital recovering from an unrelated surgery. But if I were you I would check with my doctor. why would you consult and internet message board and not your doctor. even if you are cliaz batdiaper dirt crazy.

Well actually the reason why I ask people here is because the one medication my doctor wanted to give me is the same type they give patience with Parkinson's Diseases. I do not want to take any more medications. My body chemistry for whatever reason is very sensitive to medications. If I take one percocet, I feel like I've just shot up 44lbs of heroin. I throw up and I'm sick to my stomach and it not only kills the pain but makes me feel numb all over. The next day if I have to make doo doo it's like passing concert. Any type of medication that works direction on the brain chemistry scares the hell out of me.

Well actually the reason why I ask people here is because the one medication my doctor wanted to give me is the same type they give patience with Parkinson's Diseases. I do not want to take any more medications. My body chemistry for whatever reason is very sensitive to medications. If I take one percocet, I feel like I've just shot up 44lbs of heroin. I throw up and I'm sick to my stomach and it not only kills the pain but makes me feel numb all over. The next day if I have to make doo doo it's like passing concert. Any type of medication that works direction on the brain chemistry scares the hell out of me.

Understood, and I was just making a joke. But you are batdiaper dirt crazy. Right? :wacko:

I've got it, as well as my mom and uncle. I'm not sure why this works but getting out of bed and moving around for about 5-10 minutes works. Again, not sure why but what works 90% of the time is, if I walk or run up and down stairs a few times, jog a little, and do calf stretches when it is happening. It doesn't seem to work as a preventative. Hydrating myself before bedtime helps, but then I have to wake up to pee, and if I wake up, due to insomnia, I can't get back to sleep. I have thought about doing some yoga stretches before going to bed but haven't tried it.

I am an insomniac on top of RLS so I am a mess. Last night I fell asleep at midnight, woke up at 2:00 am, fell back to sleep at 6:30, and luckily could sleep in until 9:30 this morning.

I'll try the supplementing with magnesium theory.

I've got it, as well as my mom and uncle. I'm not sure why this works but getting out of bed and moving around for about 5-10 minutes works. Again, not sure why but what works 90% of the time is, if I walk or run up and down stairs a few times, jog a little, and do calf stretches when it is happening. It doesn't seem to work as a preventative. Hydrating myself before bedtime helps, but then I have to wake up to pee, and if I wake up, due to insomnia, I can't get back to sleep. I have thought about doing some yoga stretches before going to bed but haven't tried it.

I am an insomniac on top of RLS so I am a mess. Last night I fell asleep at midnight, woke up at 2:00 am, fell back to sleep at 6:30, and luckily could sleep in until 9:30 this morning.

I'll try the supplementing with magnesium theory.

I used to be able to get everything calmed down by stretching, walking up and down stairs and massaging the leg that was bothering me but not anymore. Nothing is working and it is well in to the 4AM hour before things settle down. Last night I stretch for about an hour, took a hot shower, massaged my legs for about 30 minutes and then wrapped them in an ace bandage. Not 10 minutes went by after laying down did they start acting up and it didn't stop until after 5AM this morning. I have to get up at 7AM for work. It just seems each night is getting worse and worse.

It's funny because my wife still to this day asks me why I simply don't move my legs and ignore the sensation. Unless you have it you will never understand how utterly annnyoing it really is.

I'm totally jacked up today off of Jolt cola and adderall just to make it through the work day. I feel just like Edward Norton's character from fight club, not really awake and not really asleep.

I used to be able to get everything calmed down by stretching, walking up and down stairs and massaging the leg that was bothering me but not anymore. Nothing is working and it is well in to the 4AM hour before things settle down. Last night I stretch for about an hour, took a hot shower, massaged my legs for about 30 minutes and then wrapped them in an ace bandage. Not 10 minutes went by after laying down did they start acting up and it didn't stop until after 5AM this morning. I have to get up at 7AM for work. It just seems each night is getting worse and worse.

It's funny because my wife still to this day asks me why I simply don't move my legs and ignore the sensation. Unless you have it you will never understand how utterly annnyoing it really is.

I'm totally jacked up today off of Jolt cola and adderall just to make it through the work day. I feel just like Edward Norton's character from fight club, not really awake and not really asleep.

I wonder if I gave up caffeine and alcohol if the problem would go away. My uncle and mom don't drink alcohol though. I understand about things that used to work don't anymore. I used to be able to lie in bed and just stretch my legs to the ceiling and it worked. Then when that didn't work, massage did. I can't wear anything on my legs or socks in bed or that triggers it. It is cold in the winter with no bottoms on--I know you need pics-LOL. With my insomnia I am in a panic right when I hit the pillow, that I will be up again all night and then of course I am, so you could have that affecting you. You worry it will be another sleepless night. Medication for me does trigger it especially antihistamines and over the counter sleeping pills. My doc prescribed xanex to help me sleep and that triggers it. What actually worked for me a couple of times was vicodin but like xanex, you can't be taking that every night. I haven't brought up the RLS to my doc. so I don't know what med she would prescribe. My uncle even gets it during the day while sitting, and is on meds, but I don't know what.

BTW, Cliaz, you have helped some of my insomnia issues with the white noise machine idea. With this remodel going on and workers here early, if I have a bad night, that helps a lot by allowing me to sleep in. I travel with it--it goes everywhere with me. I thank you for that.