[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you could go back to college

Seahawks21

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest negative I see is that teaching seems like a lot of work and stress for little pay. Of course, there are going to be wonderful, fun times, as there are always are with kids. That said, teachers really have a lot of pressure on them. They really can effect the entire future of some kids. I don't like that kind of stress. Also, I'm just afraid of the bad times. The times where a kid dies or is being beat by their parents, etc.

I would really encourage you to take a few days and go observe some high school classes. Talk to any friends you might have in the profession (myself included) and get some of these hesitations clarified. There's lots of checks and balances to ensure that your students will at least be getting the bare minimum education, and if you have the kind of passion you say you do - then you're the difference maker that takes the bare minimums to the next level.

With your coaching experience and desire to work with youth however, you could be a real positive influence in a lot of kids' lives. So many of them are hurting for positive male role models, it's sad - but encouraging to know that they can look to you.