[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama reneges

BeeR

Hope and change! Hope and change!

ie I HOPE you don't mind that I CHANGED my mind about what I promised :wacko:

But how is this possible? Only evil ones like GW and his oil baron buddies and conservatives etc do that (never mind endorsing Gitmo, that hotbed of torture). Not hip liberals who are for the people! This has to be some Republican trick.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/07...guantanamo-bay/

The cynic in me wants to say "see, another lying scumbag politician", but I really want to believe he's actually listened to prosecutors and military officers. I dunno... :wacko:

I give him the thumbs up. I don't see the need to give a thumbs up and rip the guy - A thumbs up is a thumbs up.

The cynic in me wants to say "see, another lying scumbag politician", but I really want to believe he's actually listened to prosecutors and military officers. I dunno... :tup:

To be fair he has IMO done the right thing here - I guess what bothers me is how this is one of many examples of him saying what he knew all the morons pimping him wanted to hear. As I said before he even got the nomination, he could have raped a nun and not lost that election. All hail Obamessiah. :wacko:

The cynic in me wants to say "see, another lying scumbag politician", but I really want to believe he's actually listened to prosecutors and military officers. I dunno... :wacko:

Doesn't it have more to do with Congress not allowing the transfer of the prisoners into the US. I mean he did issue an executive order to close Gitmo if I remember correctly. I think the only way to actually close the semi-legal prison we have there is to deal with the people incarcerated. I would assume he has come to the conclusion that this is the only way to get this topic off center and moving forward. Personally I'm fine with a military trial or a federal one. I just don't think the US should be able to lock people up long term without eventually charging them with a crime or releasing them.