[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Firefox 4

Ursa Majoris

The only complaint I have w/ all versions has been the way it eats memory. I have seen it as high as 700K. I usually have to shut it down and re-start it 2-3x per day. Does FF4 resolve that? :wacko:

FF and memory leaks are synonymous. Went Chrome and have not looked back. FF was cool to me at first many moons ago, then my laptop was frying bacon from the heat thanks to memory leaks.

Never again. Although I am curious to see how it runs these days. Based on some of these comments, sounds like it runs the same - not very well.

The only complaint I have w/ all versions has been the way it eats memory. I have seen it as high as 700K. I usually have to shut it down and re-start it 2-3x per day. Does FF4 resolve that? :wacko:

It's at 300k right now, six tabs, umpteen add-ons and been running over a day.

FF and memory leaks are synonymous. Went Chrome and have not looked back. FF was cool to me at first many moons ago, then my laptop was frying bacon from the heat thanks to memory leaks.

Never again. Although I am curious to see how it runs these days. Based on some of these comments, sounds like it runs the same - not very well.

AdBlock Plus on it's own makes Firefox worth the effort.

It's been up for ~20 hours and is at 374K, but I haven't been browsing much.

I like it, but needed to adjust the position of a few button, it took awhile to find the '+', and the background color is adjusted by the Win setting.

It's been up for ~20 hours and is at 374K, but I haven't been browsing much.

I like it, but needed to adjust the position of a few button, it took awhile to find the '+', and the background color is adjusted by the Win setting.

You mean the + for New Tab? Took me a while too. Used to have a very handy little stub tab with a + on it but that's disappeared who knows where. I'm using the button third from left on the address bar now.

You mean the + for New Tab? Took me a while too. Used to have a very handy little stub tab with a + on it but that's disappeared who knows where. I'm using the button third from left on the address bar now.

If your talking about the "Navigation" bar, my 3rd button is "History" and I couldn't find a replacement using customize. Mine HAS the little "stub" tab w/ the '+' on it.

Wait a sec...You can drag the stub tab to the Nav tool bar. :wacko:

If your talking about the "Navigation" bar, my 3rd button is "History" and I couldn't find a replacement using customize. Mine HAS the little "stub" tab w/ the '+' on it.

Wait a sec...You can drag the stub tab to the Nav tool bar. :tup:

I can't drag the button anywhere. :wacko:

+1 Love Chrome.

RIght now I'm on my MAC but adblock is available for chrome, as well as WOT, and plenty others. WIll link back on Monday when I'm at work,

Should mention that Chrome's speed is the best one for me personally. I prefer it on my MAC over Safari as well.

Used to use Firefox a lot before with the No-Script option and others but stopped using it when it became a bit slow and I started getting the message that firefox was still open after I had closed it. Did fix it every time from their forums but it was becoming annoying.

When a website is not compatible with Chrome I use Safari or ugh IE, although I have been experimenting with IE on a sandbox and so far so good.

I'm at 274K, bazillion add-ons, 5 tabs open.

After a few days of tinkering with the layout and customization, I love it. Super-fast browsing, and all the add-ons are flawless thus far, making it great to surf.

I ran across one bug that I have since confirmed:

Using the Google Toolbar, in the search window, I used to be able to start typing a word(s) and the drop down box would appear and you were able to mouse click a suggestion and it would give the results. It seemed to work that way until today as clicking the sugg doesn't work. You have to use the down arrow to highlight and then hit enter. Not a biggie, but still a pain.

There is a current thread in the Moz support site about this.

I ran across one bug that I have since confirmed:

Using the Google Toolbar, in the search window, I used to be able to start typing a word(s) and the drop down box would appear and you were able to mouse click a suggestion and it would give the results. It seemed to work that way until today as clicking the sugg doesn't work. You have to use the down arrow to highlight and then hit enter. Not a biggie, but still a pain.

There is a current thread in the Moz support site about this.

Didn't see the bug, but if it indeed was a problem, its now fixed (at least on my computer)...no problems clicking on Google suggestions.

Speaking of search, there is a great addon called KwiClick Search enables your search results to appear in a little box that pops-up, versus a redirection of the current page. That box then also allows you to search a variety of engines and site (including YouTube, Wiki, Twitter, etc)....very very cool once you get the hang of it.

anyone know how to move the refresh button? I used to have it near the home and back keys but now it is situated at the end of the address bar

Go under "View", then "Toolbars", then "Customize"...when he dialogue box is opens so you can add additional icons, you now have the ability to drag items around on the toolbar on your page.

Didn't see the bug, but if it indeed was a problem, its now fixed (at least on my computer)...no problems clicking on Google suggestions.

Speaking of search, there is a great addon called KwiClick Search enables your search results to appear in a little box that pops-up, versus a redirection of the current page. That box then also allows you to search a variety of engines and site (including YouTube, Wiki, Twitter, etc)....very very cool once you get the hang of it.

Go under "View", then "Toolbars", then "Customize"...when he dialogue box is opens so you can add additional icons, you now have the ability to drag items around on the toolbar on your page.

I did that before I posted...I must have missed it if it is there...will check when I get home.

edit: you had that ability in past FF's too

Edited by keggerz

I just tried it on mine and it works he way I described :wacko:

I don't have a refresh "icon" to add :tup:

edit: funny when I would go into customize it made the refresh button which was at the end of the address bar moveable....so I drug it to where I wanted it and now all is fine :lol:

Edited by keggerz