[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dentures or Implants?

tazinib1

So today I finally went to the dentist. Ugh. Seems I have degenerative jaw bone disease and they all gotta go. So at age 42, I'm gonna have full dentures. I'm not able to have implants cause the bone will not hold them. However, in a year or two, I'm told that I can get maybe some ground implants to fully support the dentures and they will actually feel like real teeth. Very embarrassing to say the least, but it is what it is. That said, I'm now a pist off SOB so I leave you with

Please turn up your speakers while listening. Thank you and carry on.

How do you get jaw bone disease? Cause I dip snuff and losing my teeth scares the chit out of me.

Not really sure. He did say it was degenerative so I'm guessing all the drugs/alcohol and smoking contributed just a wee little bit. :wacko: It's not the worst thing in the world I guess.

Well....implants are expensive as all hell anyway. I had to get a couple of crowns years ago after a dumb teenage accident. One of the stems has broken completely off. I need to decide between a bridge (which requires they ruin another good tooth) or an implant. The implant for the one tooth is upward of $3,000 when all is said and done (and my insurance doesn't cover them). The bridge is partially covered by insurance and I'd probably be out of pocket $500 or so.

I can't imagine what a mouthful of implants would go for. So embrace your dentures.