[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AIFF files and iTunes

detlef

Speaking of iTunes - don't download your music from them. It's a scam and a waste. You're much better going to amazon.com and see if they have the same album/songs as downloadable mp3s. After having my hardrive crash and having several previous itune libraries, I was only able to retrieve a small portion of my purchased itunes music. Owning the CD or downloading from somewhere else (like AMZN) is the way to go because you're able to store that music in your own music folder - can share with others etc... I've learned my lesson - I will be buying the CDs outright or downloading from amzn moving forward. Over the last 5+ years, I've probably lost $500+ in music.

i find it strangely hillarious that you edited both of these posts.

I am nothing if not thorough.

Speaking of iTunes - don't download your music from them. It's a scam and a waste. You're much better going to amazon.com and see if they have the same album/songs as downloadable mp3s. After having my hardrive crash and having several previous itune libraries, I was only able to retrieve a small portion of my purchased itunes music. Owning the CD or downloading from somewhere else (like AMZN) is the way to go because you're able to store that music in your own music folder - can share with others etc... I've learned my lesson - I will be buying the CDs outright or downloading from amzn moving forward. Over the last 5+ years, I've probably lost $500+ in music.

They sell you a device that holds a million songs and then expect you to pay $1 each to fill it up.

Yep, I've stopped buying tunes from iTunes for basically the reasons you give. Ironic really, that they're often as expensive as it gets and yet, the inability to share those songs makes them less valuable to you.

And I'm not talking about simply stealing music, what about putting together a mixed CD for a friend? If it includes any songs from itunes, they can play it anywhere but on the device they're now most likely going to want to play it on, their computer.