[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ken Burns the Civil War

jetsfan

It's a great documentary of what that war was really like. I've found it fascinating every time I've watched it.

The only thing I don't like is the excerpts from that Yankee sympathizer woman's letters... They should have rolled her ass.

Edited by SEC=UGA

If it's anything like his baseball series, it will focus only on the battles fought in the northeastern part of the country.

Also, the best parody of Ken Burns style films is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX_687HwX9c

Actually, it is a phenomenally well done program. Covers just about everything. The ending sucks, though.

The only thing I don't like is the excerpts from that Yankee sympathizer woman's letters... They should have rolled her ass.

Actually, it is a phenomenally well done program. Covers just about everything. The ending sucks, though.

:wacko: Spoken like a true Southerner.

Probably the best documentary ever done, on any subject. He took no sides, instead it was more about the human cost, and what all the people involved went through in a very fair handed unbiased way... just documenting some of the people and experiences they had. Awsome series.